J
Posted By
JD
Dec 7, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m trying to move from PS7 to PScs3 and I’ve got some questions.

CS3 seems to be slower than 7? I’m using windows XP with 2 gb of ram. When I drag an image around on the screen in CS3, it’s choppy (for lack of a better word) but I don’t see that in 7. It’s like CS3 doesn’t have enough ram?

Both are set to use 55% of my ram.

JD..

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

SS
Synapse Syndrome
Dec 11, 2007
"JD" wrote in message
CS3 seems to be slower than 7? I’m using windows XP with 2 gb of ram. When I drag an image around on the screen in CS3, it’s choppy (for lack of a better word) but I don’t see that in 7. It’s like CS3 doesn’t have enough ram?

CS3 is a more complex program and has a lot more code than v7, so of course it will seem to be slower on the same machine. If you want it to run faster, get a faster machine (ie. faster CPU and faster RAM).

ss.
J
JD
Dec 11, 2007
Synapse Syndrome wrote:
"JD" wrote in message

CS3 is a more complex program and has a lot more code than v7, so of course it will seem to be slower on the same machine. If you want it to run faster, get a faster machine (ie. faster CPU and faster RAM).
ss.

That’s what I figured out. I’m slowly tweaking CS3 to use more ram, etc.

And I’m in the process of building a faster machine. Duel layer ram and a dual core processor should speed it up!

Thanks for replying.

JD..

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections