P
Posted By
pshaw
Dec 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
in some text/lesson i read that one can safely (and effectively) rez up (by one step) raw photos in photoshop … any comments yay or nay?

tia …. steve

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

V
V1nc3nt
Dec 13, 2004
wrote:
in some text/lesson i read that one can safely (and effectively) rez up (by one step) raw photos in photoshop … any comments yay or nay?

There have been some threads about this the last couple of days. Maybe you should start reading some of them first.
P
pshaw
Dec 14, 2004
i haven’t seen any threads about using raw to rez up – i’m not talking about the 10% action – i know about that and i also am aware of the software that performs similar (unspeakable) acts – this is choosing a one higher rez in the raw file, which afaik has not been discussed …

steve

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 08:10:49 +0100, V1nc3nt
wrote:

wrote:

There have been some threads about this the last couple of days. Maybe you should start reading some of them first.
R
Ryadia
Dec 14, 2004
wrote in message
i haven’t seen any threads about using raw to rez up – i’m not talking about the 10% action – i know about that and i also am aware of the software that performs similar (unspeakable) acts – this is choosing a one higher rez in the raw file, which afaik has not been discussed …
steve
So tell us how it’s done so we can rush off and try it for ourselves.
H
Hecate
Dec 15, 2004
On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 08:44:10 GMT, "Ryadia" wrote:

wrote in message
steve
So tell us how it’s done so we can rush off and try it for ourselves.
LOL!

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
F
Fixx
Dec 15, 2004
In article ,
Hecate wrote:

wrote in message

I think there is no way to rez up from raw directly in photoshop. There are some other sw that does, sigma’s app can double the rather modest 3.4 MP Foveon resolution (how good results it gives?), I think that also Photo Retouch Pro rezzes up directly from raw (not sure). -F
R
Ryadia
Dec 15, 2004
"Fixx" wrote in message
In article ,
Hecate wrote:

I think there is no way to rez up from raw directly in photoshop. There are some other sw that does, sigma’s app can double the rather modest 3.4 MP Foveon resolution (how good results it gives?), I think that also Photo Retouch Pro rezzes up directly from raw (not sure). -F

From the mouth’s of babes…
So the fable starts. The OP had a clue in the first place. In the raw converter of Photoshop CS’s ARC is a little window under the image display. From here you can select to enlarge or reduce the image being converted and increase or reduce the resolution. I haven’t yet compared it to my interpolation software but yes, it does exist and yes, it hasn’t been explored very much in this group. When I get time I’ll look into it myself. It holds some value if it can make lossless (or near lossless) enlargments.
F
Fixx
Dec 15, 2004
In article <fG2wd.74150$>,
"Ryadia" wrote:

the raw
converter of Photoshop CS’s ARC is a little window under the image display. From here you can select to enlarge or reduce the image being converted and increase or reduce the resolution. I haven’t yet compared it to my interpolation software but yes, it does exist and yes, it hasn’t been explored very much in this group. When I get time I’ll look into it myself. It holds some value if it can make lossless (or near lossless) enlargments.

Please check it, I am still in PS7 so I am not overly familiar with CS. Maybe there is no need to use Genuine Fractals anymore if that works well… -F
R
Ryadia
Dec 15, 2004
"Fixx" wrote in message
In article <fG2wd.74150$>,
"Ryadia" wrote:

the raw
converter of Photoshop CS’s ARC is a little window under the image
display.
From here you can select to enlarge or reduce the image being converted
and
increase or reduce the resolution. I haven’t yet compared it to my interpolation software but yes, it does exist and yes, it hasn’t been explored very much in this group. When I get time I’ll look into it
myself.
It holds some value if it can make lossless (or near lossless)
enlargments.
Please check it, I am still in PS7 so I am not overly familiar with CS. Maybe there is no need to use Genuine Fractals anymore if that works well… -F

I doubt that. I hardly think ARC can interpolate as well as dedicated programs.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections