D
Posted By
dragonflytheoron
Apr 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Would appreciate advice/suggestions on how professionals are archiving/saving the photoshop psd files i.e. the original files with layers, etc. so that one could go back and re-create or re-work on them.

I have them all on my desktop file but would like to know what is the best means for back-up, for archiving, saving, retrieval. I was told that a CD is not good, because it is one-time but good for storing and back-up but I would not be able to work on them again. Was also told that CDRW is not reliable – and that the best means is to keep it saved on an external hard drive or using zip disks.

Some of these psd files are from my school projects at the time when I I was just learning photoshop (and not good, but good for class) so I would like to able to re-work on these files now that I have more experience using photoshop and create better portfolio type pieces.

Thank you for any suggestions/advice.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections