J
Posted By
jackh12345
Dec 5, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to learn Photoshop Elements and find that the Palette Well is too short to be useful. If I use 1024X768 screen resolution instead of my normal 800X600 the Well is wide and I can see and use all the palletes.

The only way I know to use 800X600 is to call up the palletes I need with the Window menu. That’s OK but it’s then imposible to drag the pallete from the Well in order to keep it on the screen.

How do you do it?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

T
tom187
Dec 5, 2003
(Jack) wrote:

I am trying to learn Photoshop Elements and find that the Palette Well is too short to be useful. If I use 1024X768 screen resolution instead of my normal 800X600 the Well is wide and I can see and use all the palletes.

The only way I know to use 800X600 is to call up the palletes I need with the Window menu. That’s OK but it’s then imposible to drag the pallete from the Well in order to keep it on the screen.

In Photoshop the Palette Well only works at resolutions of 1024 or higher. I am assuming (no experience with Elements myself) that this same limitation exists in Elements also.
——————————-
Tom

Unsolicited advertisements cheerfully ignored.
J
jackh12345
Dec 6, 2003
(Tom Thomas) wrote in message news:…
(Jack) wrote:

In Photoshop the Palette Well only works at resolutions of 1024 or higher. I am assuming (no experience with Elements myself) that this same limitation exists in Elements also.
——————————-
Tom

But when I open a palette from the Window menu it goes right into the Well. It needs to come out of there in order to keep it open. Is there another way to keep a palette open?
T
tom187
Dec 8, 2003
(Jack) wrote:

But when I open a palette from the Window menu it goes right into the Well. It needs to come out of there in order to keep it open. Is there another way to keep a palette open?

I’m really only guessing here, but I suppose that if you put the palettes in the well while at 1024 resolution, close Photoshop and reopen in 800 resolution then the palettes will continue to default to residing in the well.

Try going to 1024 resolution and placing all of the palettes into windows — grouped in some logical way — so that none remains in the well, then try reopening at 800 resolution and see what happens. (?) ——————————-
Tom

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections