WC
Posted By
william_craft
Apr 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having trouble with creating a clipping path. I am using Photoshop CS. I have a graphic that has a layer with two images. I use the lasso tool to get a selection area and create a new file with that single image.
I then use the magic wand tool (selecting inverse) to get an outline around my image. I then do ‘make work path’, save that path and then create a clipping path. I then save the image as an eps and place it in page maker. The above procedure is only working on one area of the original file. Only one of the new files created from the original has the clipping path work. I am at a loss for why this is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

billy

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

L
LenHewitt
Apr 15, 2004
Long standing problem with PM’s display of clipped eps files, Billy.

In PM rotate the graphic 0.1 deg. and the transparency will be respected.
WC
william_craft
Apr 15, 2004
Thanks Len, that did the trick. I recall reading something to this effect several months back but couldn’t recall it for this. thanks again.

billy
CK
Christine_Krof_Shock
Apr 15, 2004
Or upgrade to InDesign and forgo the hassle of clipping paths forever more!
L
LenHewitt
Apr 15, 2004
You’re welcome, Billy (and I would echo Christine’s remark!)

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections