How does one convert to and from Mac and Win Gammas in CS3???

Z
Posted By
Zeno
Oct 31, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am upgrading from Photoshop 7.01 to CS3. PS 7 had a program called Imageready where one could convert back and froth to and from the different default Mac and Windows gamma values….
CS3 no longer has Imageready, so how does one convert an image from one gamma value to another in CS3??? I do not want to have to get Adobe Fireworks, thjeir Imagereadt replacement, but prefer to do it in CS3 itself.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MS
Malcolm Smith
Oct 31, 2007
I went to a Photoshop colour management seminar about a week ago and they said a Mac should have Gamma set to 2.2 (which is the commonly used windows value) – I am a windows user but I think my recollection is correct. If this is correct there may not be a need to convert.

CS3 has some magic features (particularly with ACR 4.1 update) – http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ has some useful tutorials on colour management for CS3 and you might find info there.

Malcolm
P
pico
Nov 1, 2007
"Zeno" wrote in message
I am upgrading from Photoshop 7.01 to CS3. PS 7 had a program called Imageready where one could convert back and froth to and from the different default Mac and Windows gamma values….
CS3 no longer has Imageready, so how does one convert an image from one gamma value to another in CS3???

Has the View menu disappeared? Under View there is Proof Setup. Set it to Monitor. No?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections