Posted By
faraz
Oct 28, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi There,

I have been a graphic designer for about 12 years. Problem is that i always use PC in my life and i dont want to switch to mac (sorry for mac users).

As working in Australia (as a freelance contractor), i have to use mac in different companies to finish their jobs (contract work). I find is very frustrating to getting my fingers used to the apple vs ctrl key. As working on adobe suite it really slows down my productivity to work on mac machine with a mac keyboard as my hands and brain is used to windows.

I know 95% designer use MAC and prefer to use mac.

My question is:

1- is there any way that i can switch PC keyboard to mac (USB) and it works with CRT key rather then apple key like (ctr +z rather then apple + z).

2- or any software that could switch the keys temporarily on a mac to PC?

I don’t know whether my question is logical or what, but if some one can please help me out with this issue, i would really appreciate some one’s help.

Thanks in advance!!!!

Thanks!

Regards,
Faraz Rana
Managing Director / Design Consultant
DEZIGNO Print | Multimedia | Web
www.dezigno.com.au

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MR
Mike Russell
Oct 28, 2007
"faraz" wrote in message
Hi There,

I have been a graphic designer for about 12 years. Problem is that i always use PC in my life and i dont want to switch to mac (sorry for mac users).

As working in Australia (as a freelance contractor), i have to use mac in different companies to finish their jobs (contract work). I find is very frustrating to getting my fingers used to the apple vs ctrl key. As working on adobe suite it really slows down my productivity to work on mac machine with a mac keyboard as my hands and brain is used to windows.

My question is:

1- is there any way that i can switch PC keyboard to mac (USB) and it works with CRT key rather then apple key like (ctr +z rather then apple + z).

I don’t know whether my question is logical or what, but if some one can please help me out with this issue, i would really appreciate some one’s help.

If you are running Tiger or later, you can re-map your keys using the prefpane feature. If your OS is older than this, there are utilities called ucontrol and fkeys that should do the job.

That solves the keyboard problem from a technical standpoint, but I have one last thought. I recommend that you bite the bullet, accept the inevitable, and get used to the new keyboard. Since you are freelancing, you will be sharing Macs with others. If you modify the keyboard this way, you’ll make yourself very unpopular if and when you leave even one screwy Mac keyboard behind.

Mike Russell – www.curvemeister.com
F
faraz
Oct 31, 2007
On Oct 28, 11:32 pm, "Mike Russell" <
MOVE> wrote:
"faraz" wrote in message

Hi There,

My question is:

If you are running Tiger or later, you can re-map your keys using the prefpane feature. If your OS is older than this, there are utilities called ucontrol and fkeys that should do the job.

That solves the keyboard problem from a technical standpoint, but I have one last thought. I recommend that you bite the bullet, accept the inevitable, and get used to the new keyboard. Since you are freelancing, you will be sharing Macs with others. If you modify the keyboard this way, you’ll make yourself very unpopular if and when you leave even one screwy Mac keyboard behind.

Mike Russell -www.curvemeister.com

Hi Mike,

Thank you so much for the quick reply buddy. and thanks heaps for the info. i am trying to get used to mac 🙂 i will try to install the utilities you have mentioned.

cheers
Faraz!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections