B
Posted By
burt
Oct 21, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Are Lightroom questions fair game here? I am assuming so, since it kinda goes hand-in-hand with Photoshop, and is also from Adobe. If not, please point me to the right newsgroup (nothing comes up in a "lightroom" search of groups on my server).

At any rate, a couple of questions. Both are in Library module.

#1) I often work in the matrix view, seeing the 100+ images from my last shoot. When I select an image and flag/rate/keyword it, I often find the entire collection/folder gets the new attribute.

I undo it, click here and there, press escape, enter, and generally screw around until finally I can set the attribute just to the image desired. It will then work just for each newly selected image until I do something…? (select collection? not really sure what) at which point I go through the dance again to get it back so I can work on a single selection.

So… how do I simply tell it to operate on a single image in the matrix view? (I still haven’t figured out what I have just done when it suddenly starts working as desired)

#2) One of the first steps I do in matrix mode is to Group images that belong together as part of a HDR or panorama set. Later I go to ‘Fit’ mode to look at each image, to see which ones I want to simply delete as being too far off the mark to ever be useful.

The Fit mode is only showing me the top image in the Group (which is good), but is not telling me that the image I am looking at is part of a Group (which is bad). I don’t want to inadvertently destroy an entire group just because the HDR image I am seeing is poorly exposed.

So… Is there some way to get Lightroom to tell me that the image I am looking at is part of a Group? I was expecting to see a number in a corner, like I do in the matrix view.

#3) Bonus question I just thought of. 🙂

Is there any way to semi-automatically group all shots that are spaced less than 3 or 4 seconds apart? Those are almost always HDR or panorama attempts in my case…

– Burt Johnson
MindStorm, Inc.
http://www.mindstorm-inc.com/software.html

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections