M
Posted By
Matalog
Aug 29, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been asked by a friend who is quite new to photoshop, but has been a photographer for many years, the following question (because someone told him that this is true, but I am very doubtful about that).

Can you, with Photoshop CS3 – once an image is down-sized for a customer’s copy on CD, and a copyright label is put on the bottom corner of the image by way of a new layer then flattened and saved as a .jpg – somehow re-activate that layer end easily remove the copyright label? I know it could be cloned out , but is it possible to reactivate the layer?

Has anyone ever heard anything even remotely like this?

Thanks for any answers.

Matt.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TN
Tom Nelson
Aug 29, 2007
In article <47hBi.27073$>, Matalog
wrote:

I have been asked by a friend who is quite new to photoshop, but has been a photographer for many years, the following question (because someone told him that this is true, but I am very doubtful about that).
Can you, with Photoshop CS3 – once an image is down-sized for a customer’s copy on CD, and a copyright label is put on the bottom corner of the image by way of a new layer then flattened and saved as a .jpg – somehow re-activate that layer end easily remove the copyright label? I know it could be cloned out , but is it possible to reactivate the layer?

Thanks for any answers.

Matt.
No, you can’t "reactivate" a layered file once it’s flattened.
JO
John Ortt
Aug 30, 2007
Jpegs do not store layer information so if there is a watermark etc on a Jpeg it is there forever unless you clone it out.

"Matalog" wrote in message

Thanks for any answers.

Matt.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections