RC
Posted By
Rosanne Cleveland-King
Aug 6, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
One of the easiest ways to do so is to import your photos into the free program, Picasa. You can email your pix right from there, and it automatically cuts down the size.
Otherwise, you can write an action in Photoshop and cut down the image size to the exact size you want. Or, if you don’t want to do that, just use image size and cut it down to about 150 resolution and say something like 3X5 inches. Experiment a bit and find the size you like.

Smiles,
Rosanne

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

TN
Tom Nelson
Aug 6, 2007
Use Image>Image Size to make the photo a reasonable size at 72 pixels per inch, than File>Save for Web to squeeze out about 90% of the remaining file size.
Tom Nelson
Tom Nelson Photography

In article , < @nohere.net>
wrote:

Hi
I have some digicam fotos that are quite large and I would like to email them. How do I reduce the file size?
Using Photoshop 7.0
J
jjs
Aug 6, 2007
<Martin
RC
Rosanne Cleveland-King
Aug 6, 2007
One of the easiest ways to do so is to import your photos into the free program, Picasa. You can email your pix right from there, and it automatically cuts down the size.
Otherwise, you can write an action in Photoshop and cut down the image size to the exact size you want. Or, if you don’t want to do that, just use image size and cut it down to about 150 resolution and say something like 3X5 inches. Experiment a bit and find the size you like.

Smiles,
Rosanne
K
KatWoman
Aug 7, 2007
"Rosanne Cleveland-King" wrote in message
Otherwise, you can write an action in Photoshop and cut down the image size
to the exact size you want. Or, if you don’t want to do that, just use image size and cut it down to about 150 resolution and say something like 3X5 inches. Experiment a bit and find the size you like.
Smiles,
Rosanne

In Win Xp you can select a photo or list of photos and right click choose email
a box comes up asking you of you want to reduce size for email then the letter form comes up with the files already sized and attached (Outlook Express)
J
Joe
Aug 7, 2007
Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net wrote:

Hi
I have some digicam fotos that are quite large and I would like to email them. How do I reduce the file size?
Using Photoshop 7.0

How large is too large?

– Most ISPs limit mailbox to 10-20MB or so. Some free email server gives lot more than ISP

– Reducing the size will reduce the quality. So it may worth worth the trouble, unless just for viewing.

– Instead of sending all at once, you may have to send few at a time, then ask the other end to download and delete from server to free up the space for more photo. Or you can just upload to some free file hosting like Raidshare, MegaUpload etc. then give them the LINKs to download etc..
K
KatWoman
Aug 7, 2007
On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 14:06:11 -0500, Tom Nelson
wrote:

Use Image>Image Size to make the photo a reasonable size at 72 pixels per inch, than File>Save for Web to squeeze out about 90% of the remaining file size.
Tom Nelson
Tom Nelson Photography

In article , < @nohere.net>
wrote:

Hi
Using Photoshop 7.0
<Martin
D
Dwight
Aug 14, 2007
On Aug 6, 1:10 pm, Martin ©¿©¬ @nohere.net wrote:
Hi
Using Photoshop 7.0

Martin
©¿©¬

Instead of resizing them upload them below. the site will send out emails to the email addresses you provide and the people can come there within a 2 week period and download them before they are remoed from the server. this way you don’t have to resize or email them. a great time saver

http://www.yousendit.com/

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections