M
Posted By
Meldon
Nov 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m loosing blue tones in my skys. Starting with digital photo. Usually try to have flat, natural light on my landscapes. I try to work with the image as a whole rather than individual elements so when I lighten the image I loose what are usually very subtle blue tones in the sky.

Simply put, I need to lighten but how can I retain some of those blue tones?

Any ideas?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

L
llutton
Nov 19, 2004
What software are you using?
In Photoshop CS, and I would guess Photoshop Elements3, you can choose Image> Adjust > Shadow/Highlight, and play with that. If your program doesn’t have that, does it have Curves? With Curves, I click near the middle of the Curves diagonal line and leave the dot I created on the line where it is. Then, you could click on the lower half of the diagonal line and drag it up. This will lighten the darker tones and leave the lighter ones alone. Lynn
M
Meldon
Nov 19, 2004
"LLutton" wrote in message
What software are you using?
In Photoshop CS, and I would guess Photoshop Elements3, you can choose
Image>
Adjust > Shadow/Highlight, and play with that. If your program doesn’t
have
that, does it have Curves? With Curves, I click near the middle of the
Curves
diagonal line and leave the dot I created on the line where it is. Then,
you
could click on the lower half of the diagonal line and drag it up. This
will
lighten the darker tones and leave the lighter ones alone. Lynn

Yes, I follow. Unfortunately, I don’t use photoshop (I know, wrong group), but I wished to talk to the masters. 🙂

Anyone you know wish to sell their old version of PS?
K
Kingdom
Nov 19, 2004
"Meldon" wrote in
news::

I’m loosing blue tones in my skys. Starting with digital photo. Usually try to have flat, natural light on my landscapes. I try to work with the image as a whole rather than individual elements so when I lighten the image I loose what are usually very subtle blue tones in the sky.

Any ideas?

duplicate the layer then use the magic wand to select all the sky and delete it from the top layer then lighten or adjust the landscape to suit and you original sky shows through from the bottom layer. if you push too hard on the landscape use you burn tool to darken the horizon.

Youth is wasted on the young!
M
Meldon
Nov 19, 2004
"Kingdom" wrote in message
"Meldon" wrote in
news::

Any ideas?

duplicate the layer then use the magic wand to select all the sky and delete it from the top layer then lighten or adjust the landscape to suit and you original sky shows through from the bottom layer. if you push too hard on the landscape use you burn tool to darken the horizon.

Youth is wasted on the young!

Cheers.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections