V
Posted By
Vermeij
Nov 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone explain to me how I can adjust my print -colors ? I have a nice picture in clear-blue colors that comes out of the printer in a purple looking blue.

My printer is a canon s500.
Picture is simple RGB colored created in Pohotshop 7

Regards,

Theo

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

T
TinyJohnsonn
Nov 18, 2004
do you print through photoshop print and preview or through your pictures default setup, printing through photoshop yields a far better image

http://community.webtv.net/TinyJohnsonnnnn/MyComputer
http://community.webtv.net/TinyJohnsonnnn/recentpics
H
Hecate
Nov 19, 2004
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:00:22 +0100, " Vermeij" wrote:

Can anyone explain to me how I can adjust my print -colors ? I have a nice picture in clear-blue colors that comes out of the printer in a purple looking blue.

Regards,

Theo
Google for Colour management + Photoshop

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
R
Ratto
Nov 19, 2004
You should calibrate your monitor and set the same color profile for photoshop and for the printer driver, then use only CMYK method for the images you want to print, RGB method works good only for web and other video applications.

" Vermeij" ha scritto nel messaggio
Can anyone explain to me how I can adjust my print -colors ? I have a nice picture in clear-blue colors that comes out of the printer
in
a purple looking blue.

Regards,

Theo

N
nomail
Nov 20, 2004
Ratto wrote:

You should calibrate your monitor and set the same color profile for photoshop and for the printer driver, then use only CMYK method for the images you want to print, RGB method works good only for web and other video applications.

Please ignore this advice, because it’s totally wrong. Desktop inkjet printer such as the Canon s500 need RGB data, even though they use CMYK colors. The printer driver takes care of the conversion from RGB to CMYK.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
M
Meldon
Nov 20, 2004
"Johan W. Elzenga" wrote in message
Ratto wrote:

You should calibrate your monitor and set the same color profile for photoshop and for the printer driver, then use only CMYK method for the images you want to print, RGB method works good only for web and other
video
applications.

Please ignore this advice, because it’s totally wrong. Desktop inkjet printer such as the Canon s500 need RGB data, even though they use CMYK colors. The printer driver takes care of the conversion from RGB to CMYK.

Be specific with what you ignore. The first part of that message is correct. Monitor should be checked first and might have to adjust for both it and the video card. So many variables. 🙂
M
Meldon
Nov 20, 2004
Even calibrating the monitor has limits. Pro-level monitors are expensive and one reason is colour accuracy. Most desktops are not on that level.

It’s more accurate to look at your "display output" as a whole package. That’s the monitor and the video card. Changing either one can change the display output. These in combination should be optimally tweaked, then you look at your hardcopy to see how close it is. Then calibrate your printer if it’s an available option.

" Vermeij" wrote in message
Can anyone explain to me how I can adjust my print -colors ? I have a nice picture in clear-blue colors that comes out of the printer
in
a purple looking blue.

Regards,

Theo

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections