How and were to get potography prints done?!

VV
Posted By
Vincent_Valle
Apr 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello- can anyone tell me how to set up a picture in photoshop and save it so that when I bring it to a photo printing place, the entire picture is there? I just went to a photo lab and used one of those Kodak machines. It sends the data to the actual printer used for printing 35mm and while they come out nice, I cannot ever get the entire picture in there. It always ends up cropping it. I am new to photoshop and have no idea how to set up and save my shots in photoshop so that this does not happen. Help!!

Vincent Valle

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

J
Jim
Apr 13, 2004
One way would be to measure the print that you get back. Then, resize your image to fit the size of the print.

Depending on the aspect ratio of the print, you may need to crop the image because you cannot match the aspect ratio. This is not a photoshop problem.

35mm images have had an aspect ratio of 2:3. However, print sizes such as 4×5 or 8×10 have an aspect ratio of 4:5. It is not possible to print an entire 35mm image to these sizes without significant cropping.

Jim
wrote in message
Hello- can anyone tell me how to set up a picture in photoshop and save it
so that when I bring it to a photo printing place, the entire picture is there? I just went to a photo lab and used one of those Kodak machines. It sends the data to the actual printer used for printing 35mm and while they come out nice, I cannot ever get the entire picture in there. It always ends up cropping it. I am new to photoshop and have no idea how to set up and save my shots in photoshop so that this does not happen. Help!!
Vincent Valle
L
larry
Apr 13, 2004
You have to add canvas sized to the print (paper) size the lab is using. Here’s a page describing what I mean:
<http://www.bermangraphics.com/coolpix/frontiersizing.htm>

Larry Berman

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections