J
Posted By
Jason
Jul 6, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I don’t usually use Photoshop for text for all the reasons that have been stated here so many times… Illustrator is the weapon of choice. But I was adding some quick captions to some images and discovered that the leading setting–at least for my choice of Garamond 24pt normal–was set to 12pt, *not* to auto. Once I found that and checked auto things looked fine. Is this new behavior in CS3?

Jason

reverse my name in email address

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

F
Fred
Jul 6, 2007
"Jason" schreef in bericht
I don’t usually use Photoshop for text for all the reasons that have been stated here so many times… Illustrator is the weapon of choice. But I was adding some quick captions to some images and discovered that the leading setting–at least for my choice of Garamond 24pt normal–was set to 12pt, *not* to auto. Once I found that and checked auto things looked fine. Is this new behavior in CS3?

Jason

Mine are set to Auto, don’t think I ever changed that.
J
Jason
Jul 6, 2007
In article <VAnji.3313$>,
says…

Mine are set to Auto, don’t think I ever changed that.
Neither have I – until now. I have fiddled with it a time or two deliberately, but it was always set to Auto when I opened the menu. Hmm.

T
Tacit
Jul 7, 2007
In article ,
Jason wrote:

Neither have I – until now. I have fiddled with it a time or two deliberately, but it was always set to Auto when I opened the menu. Hmm.

If you fiddle with it and then quit Photoshop, the next time you run Photoshop and add text to an image, it will be set to whatever you last set it to. Photoshop remembers the last-used settings and parameters of most tools.

Photography, kink, polyamory, shareware, and more: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
J
Jason
Jul 7, 2007
In article ,
says…
In article ,
Jason wrote:

If you fiddle with it and then quit Photoshop, the next time you run Photoshop and add text to an image, it will be set to whatever you last set it to. Photoshop remembers the last-used settings and parameters of most tools.
I’m aware of that. I haven’t fiddled with it yet in CS3, but then the installation inhaled the CS2 preferences. Nevertheless, before CS3 that tool had been set to auto, because it always is. If I change it for something unusual, I set it back to auto when finished. It would be interesting to see how it’s set for a "virgin" cs3 install.

Jason

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections