WE
Posted By
William_E._Anderson
Apr 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After using Adobe Photoshop CS for about 3 months on my Windows XP Home PC, today upon startup of CS, I received the following error messgae:

"Photoshop.exe – Unable to Locate Component

The application has failed to start because I]L15.DLL was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix the problem"

A standard uninstall, followed by an install did not fix the problem.

Photoshop may be working despite this error messgae but does anyone have any idea what I should do about this? Is there such a file "I]L15.DLL"?

Bill

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CC
Chris_Cox
Apr 13, 2004
One of the third party plugins you installed, or a device driver (TWAIN or WIA) that you installed is missing a required DLL.
MK
MICHAEL_KING_SR
Apr 16, 2004
I AM ALSO HAVING A PROBLEM STARTING CS. I GET A MESSAGE OF MSVCRT10.dll IS MISSING. I SEARCH FOR THE FILE AND FIND IT IN PHOTOSHOP BUT PHOTOSHOP CAN’T FIND IT.
MM
Mick_Murphy
Apr 16, 2004
This file is required for Filter Factory. You may have the plug-in loaded without the dll? Or the dll without the plug-in? I don’t know. According to the read me file, you should have the dll in the same directory as PS. Have a look for your caps lock key as well.
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 16, 2004
mike king: next time please start a new thread. are you running win2k? are you at sp3? please turn off your caps lock key when replying. it makes posts difficult to read.

dave

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections