TG
Posted By
Thomas_Geist
Apr 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am sorry if this has been covered before, but on a forum search I couldn’t find it.

Is there any way/trick to work with the History Brush on Adjustment Layers? Say I have two or three Adjustment Layers (Curves, Hue etc.) and I want to paint with the result my lowest Adjustment Layer produced.

Is this possible somehow? My own tests never had any result. Thanks for any help!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DR
Danny_Raphael
Apr 17, 2004
Late to the party, Thomas; just got back online after a week off.

It’s not clear to me what you’re trying to achieve. Let’s see if I guessed right. Make corrections/clarifications and we can go from there.

Suppose you have
* Hue/Saturation 1
* Background

You can visually "see" the result of the H/S Adjustment Layer.

Are you asking how can you paint (what you see) onto another layer, much like you can using the History Brush?
TG
Thomas_Geist
Apr 21, 2004
Danny,

yes, that’s about the case. In fact I wished to have two adjustment layers on top of the background and then paint with the history brush to reveal what the composition was like when only the first adjustment layer was there.

As a matter of fact I then just used layer masks. I think this is the way to go and I can’t even imagine when this should not work.

The main goal is: retouching and having a file where I can alter, modify and go back as much as possible (whenever the client wants it …).
MV
Mathias_Vejerslev
Apr 21, 2004
I was going to say you´d need to use the masks, but your request is an idea for a feature:

‘Bleed through’ paint when painting on adjustment layers. A function like ‘bleed through linked’ when using the airbrush. I personally think it could be useful.

Mathias

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections