Posted By
Joseph Chamberlain
Jun 26, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Dear members:

After upgrading to Adobe Creative Suite Design Premium CS3 I have come to realize that this is by far the most buggy upgrade I have every made. All other previous versions (CS2, CS and others before) always worked well and I never experienced any issues with Adobe upgrades. However, this one is entirely another story.

My primary problems lie with Bridge CS3. I haven’t used Photoshop CS3 nearly as much as Bridge is by far the one application I use the most in my workflow but the things I have done in Photoshop CS3 up to now have worked well.

I would like to know if anyone is experiencing the following issues with Bridge ?

1. The little triangles that appear to the left of folders as you browse through your drives are there to indicate that there are subfolders in those folders. In other words they indicate the presence of subdirectories. Bridge CS3 displays these little triangles at random next to some folders but not others independent of whether they have subfolders or not.

2. The slideshow feature doesn’t work well. At first it didn’t work at all. After checking the "Software Rendering" option in Bridge Preferences it does work but not in a satisfactory manner. The slideshow images displayed in full screen are of poor quality and low resolution.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues ? Have you been able to solve them or are they bugs in the software that will have to wait until Adobe decides to release an update ?

Thank you,

Joseph Chamberlain

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

FA
Frank Arthur
Jun 26, 2007
"Joseph Chamberlain, D.D.S." wrote in

After upgrading to Adobe Creative Suite Design Premium CS3 I have come to
realize that this is by far the most buggy upgrade I have every made. All
other previous versions (CS2, CS and others before) always worked well and I
never experienced any issues with Adobe upgrades. However, this one is
entirely another story.

My primary problems lie with Bridge CS3. I haven’t used Photoshop CS3 nearly
as much as Bridge is by far the one application I use the most in my workflow but the things I have done in Photoshop CS3 up to now have worked
well.

I would like to know if anyone is experiencing the following issues with
Bridge ?

1. The little triangles that appear to the left of folders as you browse
through your drives are there to indicate that there are subfolders in those
folders. In other words they indicate the presence of
subdirectories. Bridge
CS3 displays these little triangles at random next to some folders but not
others independent of whether they have subfolders or not.
2. The slideshow feature doesn’t work well. At first it didn’t work at all.
After checking the "Software Rendering" option in Bridge Preferences it does
work but not in a satisfactory manner. The slideshow images displayed in
full screen are of poor quality and low resolution.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues ? Have you been able to solve them
or are they bugs in the software that will have to wait until Adobe decides
to release an update ?

Thank you,

Joseph Chamberlain
One major problem in CS3 is that the instructions given- either as the tutorial on the CD or in the text as part of the program are incorrect.
Apparently the instructions were completed long before the program was finished.
JC
Joseph Chamberlain
Jul 4, 2007
On 6/26/07 6:38 AM, in article ME8gi.9777$,
"Frank Arthur" wrote:

One major problem in CS3 is that the instructions given- either as the tutorial on the CD or in the text as part of the program are incorrect.
Apparently the instructions were completed long before the program was finished.

Frank,

The problems I have experienced so far are all related to Bridge (CS3). I don’t use Photoshop as much as I used Bridge as it is at the center of my workflow. But the things I have used Photoshop for seemed to have worked well.

After looking at the info splash panel for both applications one can easily see that the Adobe uses two separate teams for the development of both applications and that might have been the problem.

The upgrade to CS3 has been the most problematic upgrade I have ever made. Interestingly enough CS and CS2 were a breeze – not a single glitch.

I believe it is all about financial interests and not quality anymore. This is the first major upgrade after Adobe acquired Macromedia and the company structure must be going through a very dramatic transition with customers paying in the end. Until a few days ago Adobe’s web site had pull down menus that didn’t work properly as well as a few other glitches. This for a company that sells web design software is of concern to say the least.

Well, I guess I will have to wait until Adobe decides we customers are entitled to an update that makes Bridge work.

Never mind customer support. Adobe has the worst customer support department I have ever used with the possible exception of Kodak.

Joseph Chamberlain

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections