CS
Posted By
canyon_sinclair
Apr 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
PhotoShop 7 – Windows XP, Toshiba Satellite M35 (new) *will put image into FrontPage for Website upload…
Once I learn this I’ll be ready for anything…
I’ve followed the help search. Gone to Layers, but none of the tools are accessable. And there sure isn’t a ‘Smart Highlighting’ to make things simpler. I’m taking a single image for my biz logo, want to make it transparent so I can paste it into other docs and website. Seems like some big secret in the help section. Please save my sanity, what’s left, LOL thanks, Todd

I tried to extract the logo with border from FrontPage and gave up…T

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
bigmatt304
Apr 11, 2004
What you are looking for is in the extract filter.

wrote in message
PhotoShop 7 – Windows XP, Toshiba Satellite M35 (new) *will put image into
FrontPage for Website upload…
Once I learn this I’ll be ready for anything…
I’ve followed the help search. Gone to Layers, but none of the tools are
accessable. And there sure isn’t a ‘Smart Highlighting’ to make things simpler. I’m taking a single image for my biz logo, want to make it transparent so I can paste it into other docs and website. Seems like some big secret in the help section. Please save my sanity, what’s left, LOL thanks, Todd
I tried to extract the logo with border from FrontPage and gave up…T
L
LenHewitt
Apr 11, 2004
Canyon,

Only two web-friendly formats support transparency, GIF and PNG (and browser support for 8-bit PNG transparency is very poor).

To create the transparency in a GIF you can either delete the background (image must be on a layer named other than ‘Background’) and use Save for web>GIF with the transparency box checked or you can just use Save for web>GIF and drag a solid background colour to the transparency symbol in the GIF palette.

If you are having difficulties in SELECTING the background in order to delete it, there are dozens of ways to do so in Photoshop (o.k., ‘dozens’ is a slight exaggeration), but you can use the selection tools (magic wand, lasso etc), the magnetic selection tools, select colour range, quick mask, the pentool to create a path, the extract tool to name a few.
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 11, 2004
not sure if this is what you’re looking for but the magnetic lasso tool (click and hold the lasso tool, other options will pop up) can be used to edge trace and create a selection.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections