Posted By
Michael Sgier
Jun 22, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi
a instrument on a plane should be nicely cut around to the transparent background. It’s about an eclipse, nearly a circle. So how can I do that?
Many thanks
Michael

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

K
KatWoman
Jun 22, 2007
"Michael Sgier" wrote in message
Hi
a instrument on a plane should be nicely cut around to the transparent background. It’s about an eclipse, nearly a circle. So how can I do that?
Many thanks
Michael

magnetic lasso
or pen tool
or elliptical marquee

select inverse>clear
T
Tacit
Jun 23, 2007
In article <a2ca1$467b8518$c299b5cc$>,
Michael Sgier wrote:

Please describe, in detail, what you intend to accomplish. The best way to do this is different if you plan to use the image on the Web than it is if you plan to use the image for print.

Generally, the safest thing to do is work in layers. Make your background into a layer, use the elliptical marquee to select the image, then save the selection as a layer mask. Tada! Done.

Photography, kink, polyamory, shareware, and more: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
B
Benny
Jun 24, 2007
KatWoman’s method works fine if you want the cleared area to be the selected background colour.

If you want it transparent I duplicate the background and apply KatWoman’s method to this layer and then delete the original background layer. This will remove any colour from the cleared area.

Benny

"KatWoman" wrote in message
"Michael Sgier" wrote in message
Hi
Many thanks
Michael

magnetic lasso
or pen tool
or elliptical marquee

select inverse>clear

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections