Where can I get cheap farge format food photos?

R
Posted By
Rasberry
Nov 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Where can I get cheap food photos? I’ve searched free ones at yahoo.com and Google.com. They are just too small and low quality. The ones at stock photo sites are good but costs too much at $300 per photo.

I need sandwich, pasta, salad and other food photos. Their size should be at least 6in by 6 in or bigger, and 300 dpi. Can I buy CDs with this kind of photo at any store?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DD
Dave Du Plessis
Nov 6, 2004
On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 12:18:06 -0500, Rasberry
wrote:

Where can I get cheap food photos? I’ve searched free ones at yahoo.com and Google.com. They are just too small and low quality. The ones at stock photo sites are good but costs too much at $300 per photo.

I need sandwich, pasta, salad and other food photos. Their size should be at least 6in by 6 in or bigger, and 300 dpi. Can I buy CDs with this kind of photo at any store?

This is not trying to be funny, but a serious question – why don’t you rather buy a camera?

Dave
S
Stephan
Nov 6, 2004
DD wrote:
wrote:

This is not trying to be funny, but a serious question – why don’t you rather buy a camera?
Maybe because he is smart enough to know that buying a camera does not make you an instant photographer.
Stephan
R
Rasberry
Nov 6, 2004
On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 19:53:39 +0200, DD wrote:

wrote:

Dave
The one I want – Canon EOS Rebel – is not affordable to me yet. There are costs associate with shooting by myself too. Not sure how much though.
DD
Dave Du Plessis
Nov 6, 2004
On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 21:27:13 GMT, Stephan wrote:

DD wrote:
wrote:

Maybe because he is smart enough to know that buying a camera does not make you an instant photographer.
Stephan

or dumb enough rather to pay for other people’s art
then learning something new…

Dave
D
Dave
Nov 6, 2004
On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 16:27:57 -0500, Rasberry
wrote:

wrote:

Dave
The one I want – Canon EOS Rebel – is not affordable to me yet. There are costs associate with shooting by myself too. Not sure how much though.

Please ignore my answer to Stephan. His kind of answer
do deserve a reply like mine.
Why do you want specific a Canon EOS Rebel? And in the
mean time buying one for someone else by buying his expensive photo’s?
Get something more reasonable, shoot yur own photo’s, and buy what your favourite with the money you save.
Ignore people like Stephen. Would not know what he knows about photography, but absolute nothing can not be learned.

Specially with the (relative new) digital technology.
S
Stephan
Nov 6, 2004
DD wrote:

Stephan

Are you dumb enough to buy music? Do you know you can make your own?

Stephan
S
Stephan
Nov 6, 2004
Rasberry wrote:

wrote:

Dave

Please ignore DD, he is the kind of guy that would tell you to buy pots and pans if you’d ask him for a good restaurant…
I found a CD with Hi Res food photos on eBay for $30
Sounds cheap to me
http://tinyurl.com/4zh9a

Stephan
D
Dave
Nov 6, 2004
On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 22:12:12 GMT, Stephan wrote:

DD wrote:

Stephan

Are you dumb enough to buy music? Do you know you can make your own?
Stephan

I play the guitar, Stephen. Not good enough to make money out of it, though, but to relax with a beer and a guitar. And I ski – quite good. I am an arobatic pilot, and fly my own kite.
I do own a Piper Cherokee 180 which is of course not an arobat but I do not use it therefor. What else? A few decorations in JKA (Japenese Karate Association) and I can do a Liiittle bit of Java Scripting. I think i am quite good with an camera and I can communicate in four languages.

What I am trying to say here, is that I am not a geniuss (correct spelling? English is not my homelanguage) but if I want to do something, I do it. if i can not do it, and I am interested, I learn enough of it, to see whether I keep being interested.

Never see yourself as to dumb to do something.

It is now 37 minutes past midnight and I’ll see you in the morning hours (I heard what you said, okay! Gmmmf not if you see me first:-)

Bye

Dave
JB
Jack Black
Nov 6, 2004
Hit http://www.photocritique.net and look around… Find something usable and ask the owner if you could have rights to use it (for whatever you need it for). Unless you need rather large enlargements (only reason I see needing LF rather than MF or 35mm) you might find what you need here.

On the camera side, you can buy a cheap MF on eBay, a cheap tripod at KMart, and set up your own little studio. Really not that hard, but YES, there are costs (camera, tripod, make-shift decent
non-fluorescent lighting, development, scanning, etc), but if you’ll be doing this a lot in the future now’s as good a time as any. If you want camera suggestions just respond here in the group and I’ll help you out… 🙂

Jack

wrote:

wrote:

Dave
S
Scruff
Nov 7, 2004
"DD" wrote in message
wrote:

Dave
Don’t forget to buy the professional photographer’s certificate that you’ll need. I think it’s on sale right now.
S
Scruff
Nov 7, 2004
"DD" wrote in message
wrote:

wrote:

Dave

Please ignore my answer to Stephan. His kind of answer
do deserve a reply like mine.
Why do you want specific a Canon EOS Rebel? And in the
mean time buying one for someone else by buying his
expensive photo’s?
Get something more reasonable, shoot yur own photo’s, and buy what your favourite with the money you save.
Ignore people like Stephen. Would not know what he knows about photography, but absolute nothing can not be learned.
Specially with the (relative new) digital technology.

Dude, you are waaaayyyy off. Having a great tool does not qualify one to use it. Do you actually think that he could buy a pro line camera and instantly take pro quality pics?
D
Dave
Nov 7, 2004
On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 08:29:40 -0500, "Scruff"
wrote:

Dude, you are waaaayyyy off. Having a great tool does not qualify one to use it. Do you actually think that he could buy a pro line camera and instantly take pro quality pics?

mmm… maybe not so faaar as you think:-0 Having a great tool qualify one to be an apprentice – and in the relative near future, being a artisan.

Dude
S
Stephan
Nov 7, 2004
DD wrote
I play the guitar, Stephen. Not good enough to make money out of it, though, but to relax with a beer and a guitar. And I ski – quite good. I am an arobatic pilot, and fly my own kite.
I do own a Piper Cherokee 180 which is of course not an arobat but I do not use it therefor. What else? A few decorations in JKA (Japenese Karate Association) and I can do a Liiittle bit of Java Scripting. I think i am quite good with an camera and I can communicate in four languages.

What I am trying to say here, is that I am not a geniuss (correct spelling? English is not my homelanguage) but if I want to do something, I do it. if i can not do it, and I am interested, I learn enough of it, to see whether I keep being interested.
Never see yourself as to dumb to do something.

It is now 37 minutes past midnight and I’ll see you in the morning hours (I heard what you said, okay! Gmmmf not if you see me first:-)
Oh boy, what you do not seem to have is someone to talk to.

Stephan

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections