LR
Posted By
lovaas rich
Jul 6, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
my eyedropper is stuck in gray scale. when I click on black in a picture, it turns the (square)indicator from black (default) to white. when I click the swatches, it changes but only in shades of gray. when I use the paintbursh after eyedropper selection I get red, although the red varies in intensity according to my swatches selection. I need the eyedropper to choose colors other that black or white.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

N
ninjasavant
Jul 6, 2003
The most likely cause of this is that your Image Mode is set to greyscale. Check your Image Mode by clicking on Image>Mode and check to see what mode your image is set to. If it’s set to greyscale, then change it to RGB, CMYK or whatever mode you need to use. Also check that you are not in Quick Mask mode. Underneath the color switcher, make sure the box with the white circle is selected.
Y
YrbkMgr
Jul 7, 2003
And… make sure you aren’t on an adjustment layer.
CW
Colin Walls
Jul 7, 2003
It does sound like QuickMask to me. Type "Q" to toggle out [I think?].
LR
lovaas rich
Jul 18, 2003
ninjasavant got it right. I was not in greyscale but cycling the Quick Mask (boxes under the color switcher) suggestion apparently did the trick. thanks

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections