SL
Posted By
SI_Lane
Apr 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to apply a mask to a photo. I have an oval mask set and want to apply the Ripple effect.

It is grayed out, it seems to only work with a rectangular selection.

Suggestions?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MA
Mark_Allen
Apr 7, 2004
SI,

I tried using Quick Mask (Q Button) and it worked fine. What process are you using or what’s not happening. Are you in RGB mode? This may be a problem.

Let’s know what’s going on.

regards

Mark
MA
Mark_Allen
Apr 7, 2004
Funny, I tried it again and it DIDN’T work but I inverted the selection which wasn’t masked and it looked great. there may be something strange going on. What is it you are trying to do SI?. BTW, i’m in the UK so it’s near bedtime at 1.00am

Regards

Mark
SL
SI_Lane
Apr 7, 2004
It would not work in one image but would work in another. Don’t know what I was doing wrong (other than sitting here to long).

Anyway, thanks for the quick response.
SL
SI_Lane
Apr 7, 2004
I am trying to apply the Ripple effect on an oval selection on a photo, using a mask.

It wouldn’t work in my primary file, so I copied the layer that I wanted to a new file and it worked. Then I just copied the layer back.

I am not sure what is going on, but it does not appear to be consistant.

Don’t suppose you could send any good ale this way?!?!
MA
Mark_Allen
Apr 8, 2004
Ale? I’m at it at the moment. This looks bad ‘cos I had a slap last night and insulted half the forums.

BBRRRRRRRRRR???????!!!!!!!!!!!

regards

Mark

P.S. German Beer mind, not UK as only the UK ale is good.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections