N
Posted By
nvslater
Apr 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I lost some brushes in PS-CS. They are called "spittle". There are several that are default. I used the number 12 for painting hair. Can you tell me how to get them back? Thank you in advance.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
Apr 7, 2004
were they adobe brushes or downloaded? once you find them, you should be able to relead them from the flyout menu on the brush palette (Load Brushes).
N
nvslater
Apr 7, 2004
They were loaded by default, when i first started useing PS-CS. They were in natural brushes.
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 7, 2004
They are called "spittle".

Stipple? 🙂

It’s in the "Natural Brushes" set. Just reload from the brushes palette flyout, select Load Brushes then Append.

If you deleted the specific brush you’re looking for you’ll need to reload PS to get it back, but it should be on the disk.

dave
N
nvslater
Apr 7, 2004
They are called "stipple" are my screen. Tried the append, didnt work. Seems drastic to reload PS, that is if you mean reinstall? Or do you mean just run the cd without uninstall first?
I have a second computer with working stipple brushes( there are several), is there a way to move them to the other computer?
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 7, 2004
They are called "stipple" are my screen.

That’s what I said. You said Spittle! 🙂

Seems drastic to reload PS, that is if you mean reinstall?

That’d probably be faster than saving them out from the other computer and moving it to your current one. Doesn’t hurt anything. Prefs won’t be touched. I’d do that. If you absolutly don’t want to do that you could save out the brushes from the flyout menu, copy them to the new machine then load them from the flyout menu. Easier just to pop in the disk and be done, no?
N
nvslater
Apr 7, 2004
A little nervious over loading cd. But I will. Any helpful tips? Never did this, without uninstalling first.
Sorry about the spelling.
M
mike
Apr 8, 2004
Why not copy the file from your other computer, I would think that would be the easiest way to get the file back. Look in your presets folder for the brush file named "Natural Brushes". The file is only about 30k in size, you can easily copy to a floppy.

"nvslater" wrote in message
I lost some brushes in PS-CS. They are called "spittle". There are several
that are default. I used the number 12 for painting hair. Can you tell me how to get them back? Thank you in advance.
KL
Katherine_Lawson
Apr 8, 2004
When you put the CD in and opt to install, if there is already a working version of Photoshop on your computer, the new install will just repair your old install. I can’t remember off-hand, but you might even get a place to check "repair previous install" or something like that.

All the new install will do is reinstall things that are damaged in your old install.
N
nvslater
Apr 8, 2004
Sounds like I might be able to do that. As always I can count on the people on this forum. Thank you
O
Ol__Whozit
Apr 8, 2004
I was hoping there was a new brush called "spittle." I’d love to see what it looked like…
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 8, 2004
me too. 🙂

<pphtttoooie!>
N
nvslater
Apr 8, 2004
Wow. Make one little mistake, and never live it down.
P
Phosphor
Apr 8, 2004
We only rib the ones we love.

😉
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 8, 2004
or is that love the one’s we rib… ? 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections