TH
Posted By
Tim_Horning
Apr 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use Bryce 3D to create terrain models, and that is done by importing a PGM file containing the grayscale "levels" which Bryce translates into the Z scale for the model. By default, PS7 and CS can’t save a file as a PGM (portable grayscale map), but there’s a plugin on the CD that supposedly does this — trouble is, it does it wrong. The PGM appears "inside out" (flipped both horizontally and vertically) when imported into Bryce and is useless. So I continue to use Paint Shop Pro which effortlessly saves files in a zillion different formats (one of its great strengths) including PGM, and it works great in Bryce. I just wish that the almighty Photoshop would do this correctly. If anyone has any tips, I’d like to hear them. Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CC
Chris_Cox
Apr 9, 2004
No, Photoshop imports and exports PGM correctly.

But it does sound like Bryce might have the orientation messed up.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections