PP
Posted By
Philip Procter
Oct 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just got my Minolta A2 and I can’t get Photoshop CS to recognize the MRW extension files. It lists MRW on the FILE/OPEN dropdown. It does fine with the .TIF and .JPE’s. The Minolta pic viewer will open the ..MRW, but not PS.

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong?

Philip

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

PP
Philip Procter
Oct 25, 2004
OK, I’m the dummy that asked this question without asking Google first. I’ll hit myself hard, before anyone else does. Please refrain from further cluttering the ng by calling me names!

Howbout I download the latest version of Adobe’s RAW converter?

Duhhhh!

Works real nice, Philip

Regds,

Philip

PS: Apologies to the membership for wasting your time.

The Real Philip

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 01:18:26 GMT, Philip Procter
wrote:

I just got my Minolta A2 and I can’t get Photoshop CS to recognize the MRW extension files. It lists MRW on the FILE/OPEN dropdown. It does fine with the .TIF and .JPE’s. The Minolta pic viewer will open the .MRW, but not PS.

Philip
X
xDsrtRat
Oct 25, 2004
"Philip Procter" wrote in message
I just got my Minolta A2 and I can’t get Photoshop CS to recognize the MRW extension files. It lists MRW on the FILE/OPEN dropdown. It does fine with the .TIF and .JPE’s. The Minolta pic viewer will open the .MRW, but not PS.

Philip

Have you tried downloading either the latest RAW files or the DNG converter? If you’re not aware, DNG is an open standard Adobe is promoting to replace the various RAW formats. The DNG converter supposedly handles most RAW formats and converts them to something that PS CS recognizes.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections