B
Posted By
Benny
May 6, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a lot of settings, filters add-ons, actions etc that I would like to have come across from CS2 to CS3 without having to go through the whole re-instal procedure again.
Can this be done automatically within CS3 or any other way? Ideally, a profile set-up in CS2 would be good that could then be read by CS3.
regards
Benny

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

S
SpaceGirl
May 6, 2007
Benny wrote:
I have a lot of settings, filters add-ons, actions etc that I would like to have come across from CS2 to CS3 without having to go through the whole re-instal procedure again.
Can this be done automatically within CS3 or any other way? Ideally, a profile set-up in CS2 would be good that could then be read by CS3.
regards
Benny

Hmm wont a lot of add-ons just not work? There are significant UI changes in CS3…

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)
MR
Mike Russell
May 6, 2007
"Benny" <no spam > wrote in message

AFAIK there are no plugins that fail in CS3. If any do, they will be the exception.

The easiest way to take care of this is to install all your third party plugins in a separate folder, and configure Photoshop’s extra plugin folder to point to that folder. This allows you to share plugins between versions of Photoshop without duplicating them.

To get there from where you are now, I would search for all the files under the plugin folder and sort them by mod time. Using the mod time as a guide, select the files that you believe are not from Adobe, and drag them into your new shared plugins folder. Some plugin packages create their own folder during installation – you’ll need to sort those out by hand. —
Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/
B
Benny
May 6, 2007
Thanks Mike – sounds like the best and logical way to go.
B.

"Mike Russell" wrote in message

AFAIK there are no plugins that fail in CS3. If any do, they will be the exception.

The easiest way to take care of this is to install all your third party plugins in a separate folder, and configure Photoshop’s extra plugin folder to point to that folder. This allows you to share plugins between versions of Photoshop without duplicating them.

To get there from where you are now, I would search for all the files under the plugin folder and sort them by mod time. Using the mod time as a guide, select the files that you believe are not from Adobe, and drag them into your new shared plugins folder. Some plugin packages create their own folder during installation – you’ll need to sort those out by hand.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/

N
nomail
May 6, 2007
Mike Russell wrote:

That depends on the OS. If you use an Intel Macintosh, Photoshop CS3 will run native on that. However, many plugins are not yet updated and so they will fail because they can only run under ‘Rosetta’ until they are updated to ‘universal binaries’.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.com

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections