Posted By
Tim_Francis
Apr 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

I am having difficulties printing no margin images on my Epson Photo 1290.

I have a file set to be exactly the size of a A4 page 210 x 297mm. I go to use no margin (but obvsiouly the image gets enlarged a little bit) when selecting that option and I miss out on printing around 7 – 10mil at the bottom of each page, and about 3 mil at the top, left and right side of the page.

Rang the Epson help desk, and they said that yes the image gets enlarged a little and your image will be cropped about 3 mil on the edges and that the 1290 wasnt built for design work.

What I am doing at present it saving the image a jpg , then removing about 10mil of image at the best place possible.

Its of no great conern as I am only doing rough concepts, but it is a little frustrating.

Anyone with this experience.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
BCC
Apr 6, 2004
schreef in bericht
Hi all,

I am having difficulties printing no margin images on my Epson Photo 1290.
I have a file set to be exactly the size of a A4 page 210 x 297mm. I go to
use no margin (but obvsiouly the image gets enlarged a little bit) when selecting that option and I miss out on printing around 7 – 10mil at the bottom of each page, and about 3 mil at the top, left and right side of the page.
Rang the Epson help desk, and they said that yes the image gets enlarged a
little and your image will be cropped about 3 mil on the edges and that the 1290 wasnt built for design work.
What I am doing at present it saving the image a jpg , then removing about
10mil of image at the best place

This is because the printer has to hold the paper in place while printing. And therefore any print from an inkjet printer will have an edge. Didn’t they tell you thiss at Epson?

Greets, BCC
MM
Mick_Murphy
Apr 6, 2004
Do the prints have to be exactly A4 size. If so, a better bet might be to use A3 Super size and just trim the prints. If not, just print A4 with default printer margins, setting your print size dimensions to 28mm or 20.4 mm max by changing resolution with resample off.

Incidentally, are you saving as jpg from psd or tiff. If so, you will be causing deterioration of image quality. There is no advantage in this.
KL
Katherine_Lawson
Apr 6, 2004
Hi Tim,

I have the 1280, and in the Epson printer setup, under the paper tab, there is an option under print size for maximum. I use this setting and only have a tiny margin around the edges of my image. (I center the image when printing this way).

Does the 1290 have that option?

Maybe this would work for you?

Kathi

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections