SM
Posted By
Stark_Man42
Apr 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have Photoshop CS installed on my new computer and when I drag an image around on the screen all that I see is the outline of the image not the image. When I use Photoshop 7.01 on my old computer and do the same thing the whole image moves.-which I want to have happen on CS. Is this a bug or just a easy little preference I have missed??

New CPU
-3GHz P4
-1 gig ram
-FX5200 video card
-120 Gb HD

Old CPU
-1.5 GHz P3
-256 mb ram
-Not sure on video card
-60 gig HD I think

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

MM
Mac_McDougald
Apr 6, 2004
Not sure exactly what you’re doing but in 7, if you have made a selection, let’s say with lasso tool and still have lasso selected afterwards, dragging selection will only move the selection outline. You have to use Control key in additon to move the image part also.

However, if you change to the move tool with selection still active, you move the selected part of image with just the mouse pointer.

Maybe you’ve just forgotten? (or maybe I don’t understand).

Mac
W
wes
Apr 6, 2004
Stark, are you talking about moving the entire image window? If so, isn’t this set up in the operating system as "show window contents while moving"? If this should be the case open the System Properties window>advanced>check "Show window contents while moving" if that isn’t checked already. Don’t know if this will do the trick or not but worth a check.

wrote in message
I have Photoshop CS installed on my new computer and when I drag an image
around on the screen all that I see is the outline of the image not the image. When I use Photoshop 7.01 on my old computer and do the same thing the whole image moves.-which I want to have happen on CS. Is this a bug or just a easy little preference I have missed??
New CPU
-3GHz P4
-1 gig ram
-FX5200 video card
-120 Gb HD

Old CPU
-1.5 GHz P3
-256 mb ram
-Not sure on video card
-60 gig HD I think
W
wes
Apr 6, 2004
Sorry I missed a step. Go to System Properties (through the control panel), choose system properties. Once System Properties is up choose Advanced tab, then Settings under Performance, scroll down and check the box next to "Show window contents while moving".

wrote in message
I have Photoshop CS installed on my new computer and when I drag an image
around on the screen all that I see is the outline of the image not the image. When I use Photoshop 7.01 on my old computer and do the same thing the whole image moves.-which I want to have happen on CS. Is this a bug or just a easy little preference I have missed??
New CPU
-3GHz P4
-1 gig ram
-FX5200 video card
-120 Gb HD

Old CPU
-1.5 GHz P3
-256 mb ram
-Not sure on video card
-60 gig HD I think
SM
Stark_Man42
Apr 6, 2004
This is a hard question to explain. My friend has Photoshop CS and when he drags the image(not full screen) it showes the image as moving. When I first tried to explain it to him he didn’t understand until I showed him.
W
wes
Apr 6, 2004
Did you check what I mentioned in another reply? Check your system Properties>Advanced>check show window contents while moving.

"Stark_Man42" wrote in message
This is a hard question to explain. My friend has Photoshop CS and when he
drags the image(not full screen) it showes the image as moving. When I first tried to explain it to him he didn’t understand until I showed him.
L
LenHewitt
Apr 7, 2004
Sounds like it could well be a video driver thing.

As a diagnostic, try turning down hardware acceleration to zero. If that helps it is definitely a videodriver problem. Check your vid.card manufacturer’s web site for updated drivers.
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Apr 7, 2004
I think it’s a Windows setting.
In Control Panel there’s monitor (or Display), and somewhere there you should tick something like "show window content while dragging".
Rob
W
wes
Apr 7, 2004
I have posted that possibility twice now but no one seems to think that is the problem, or at least no one has tried. Under System
Properties/Advanced/click "show windows contents while moving".

wrote in message
I think it’s a Windows setting.
In Control Panel there’s monitor (or Display), and somewhere there you
should tick something like "show window content while dragging".
Rob

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections