Foreground to transparent gradient error (P6, WinXP Pro)

DS
Posted By
David_Stiller
Apr 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can’t pinpoint when this started, but recently my default "foreground to transparent" linear gradient renders as "foreground to foreground". I tried reloading the defaults to no avail.

Anyone have any thoughts?

David Stiller
stiller ( at ) quip ( dot ) net

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
Don_McCahill
Apr 5, 2004
Any more information? This is occuring on a transparent layer, of course?
DS
David_Stiller
Apr 5, 2004
Yeah, I’ve tested on a transparent layer. I’m in the RGB colorspace and can’t get the "foreground to transparent" gradient to do its thing, whether on a layer or layer mask.

In this particular case, I’ve put a "foreground to background" gradient on my layer mask and want to alter the black area without repainting the whole gradient. In the past, I’ve just switched to "foreground to transparent" and added black, but now it just dumps black everywhere, as if this were a "foreground to foreground" without transparency.

I’ve also tested with colors, creating, for example, a blue/green gradient ("foreground to background"), then switching to "foreground to transparent" and attempting to tweak the blue … but there, too, it just paints blue everywhere.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections