DE
Posted By
David_E._Massey
Apr 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Do I need to have a file management program like Canto cumulus or Extensis portfolio to manage and archive my pictures or will the Photoshop CS file browser do the same thing?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Apr 5, 2004
CS file browser covers everything you need probably. But a little more info on you os would of helped.
JJ
John Joslin
Apr 5, 2004
Sorry, CS File Browser is a valiant attempt but still has a long way to go. I am compiling a list of deficiencies and (dare I say it?) BUGS which will be shared in due course.

Cheers – John
DK
David_Knibb
Apr 6, 2004
I’ve been trying out a product called CYPICS from a company called CYWARP. It’s a very complete professional looking product that seems to do more or less everything one might need. In particular it has some thoughtful features for very large collections of files.

It’s not easy to use, and far from intuitive – and a million miles away from PSA. My main complaint about PSA is that it was never designed for very large collections of files and becomes rather cumbersome to use.

A good feature is that it doesn’t try to do all things – there are no photo retouching features at all really – just a comprehensive cataloging system.

I’ve got it on a 30 day download trial – and then it’s about $50 US.

My reason for trying out lots of these products is that I’m too mean to shell out a lot of money to upgrade to PS 7 or Cs, when I’m perfectly happy with the version I’ve got. There are other similar (and free) products on the market as well.

David

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections