Posted By
VT
Oct 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hello

ever since installing Photoshop 7, my airbrush tool behaves differently than i am used to. Using a large brush size, instead of a nice smooth big wide swath of paint (or erase) i get a narrow, almost sharply defined area, usually set much smaller than the brush size i have specified.

i’ve played around with the various settings. I’m using an older wacom tablet. The pressure sensitive pen DOES work…. but the brush sizes seem to be confused.. or perhaps i am. Any suggestions on what to look for?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

JR
John Rampling
Oct 14, 2004
Sounds to me like you have the Brush Dynamics ‘Size’ set to ‘Stylus’. Try setting it to ‘Off’. Brush Dynamics is the icon on the right when you select Brush or Eraser.

I have Version 6 but I expect it’s the same with v. 7.

John

"howldog" wrote in message
ever since installing Photoshop 7, my airbrush tool behaves differently than i am used to. Using a large brush size, instead of a nice smooth big wide swath of paint (or erase) i get a narrow, almost sharply defined area, usually set much smaller than the brush size i have specified.

i’ve played around with the various settings. I’m using an older wacom tablet. The pressure sensitive pen DOES work…. but the brush sizes seem to be confused.. or perhaps i am. Any suggestions on what to look for?

V
VT
Oct 15, 2004
On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 21:38:59 GMT, "John Rampling" wrote:

Sounds to me like you have the Brush Dynamics ‘Size’ set to ‘Stylus’. Try setting it to ‘Off’. Brush Dynamics is the icon on the right when you select Brush or Eraser.

I have Version 6 but I expect it’s the same with v. 7.

in 7 theres an icon for airbrush up in the top stripe menu. turning it off or on doesnt really seem to affect my pen tools’ strokes. I dont see anything marked Brush Dynamics.

Is there a stylus sensitivity control in 7?

anybody?
TT
Tom Thomas
Oct 15, 2004
howldog wrote:

in 7 theres an icon for airbrush up in the top stripe menu. turning it off or on doesnt really seem to affect my pen tools’ strokes. I dont see anything marked Brush Dynamics.

Try "Window > Brushes" and look at all of the dynamics settings. Click on the actual words in the listing, not just the check boxes. You will see that a number of the variables have a "Control" pulldown to determine how that brush variable is controlled. Among those options is "Pen Pressure." See how yours are set, and determine if you need them set differently to correct your problem.

Your User Guide is your friend in this case.
——————————-
Tom

Unsolicited advertisements cheerfully ignored.
V
VT
Oct 15, 2004
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 10:50:04 -0400, Tom Thomas
wrote:

howldog wrote:

Try "Window > Brushes" and look at all of the dynamics settings. Click on the actual words in the listing, not just the check boxes. You will see that a number of the variables have a "Control" pulldown to determine how that brush variable is controlled. Among those options is "Pen Pressure." See how yours are set, and determine if you need them set differently to correct your problem.

found it, "minimum brush diameter"

thanks so much, veryhelpful

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections