Posted By
theOtherGuy
Oct 14, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

does anyone else have the problem of sometimes loosing sight of your tool, whatever it may be on the canvas. I’ve got my tools set to be precise and the brush site set to the actual size of the brush selected and sometime when i’m working i lose sight of the tool when it’s on a colored background.

any solutions to this problem?

– thanks for any comments.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

GJ
Geoff Jackson
Oct 14, 2004
does anyone else have the problem of sometimes loosing sight of your tool, whatever it may be on the canvas. I’ve got my tools set to be precise and the brush site set to the actual size of the brush selected and sometime when i’m working i lose sight of the tool when it’s on a colored background.

Hold down the space bar then your cursor will change to a hand (move tool) until you release the space bar.

Geoff Jackson, Nottingham, UK.

www.gjphoto.f9.co.uk
(Remove the obvious to reply)
K
Kingdom
Oct 14, 2004
"Geoff Jackson" wrote in
news:tPxbd.971$:

Hold down the space bar then your cursor will change to a hand (move tool) until you release the space bar.

No thats not what he means, I have the same problem eg your using the brush tool, you can see it, see it resize, see the outline then you do a few other things and go back to the brush tool and its no visable, for some reason you can no longer see its out line, it still works just fine but you can’t see its edges sao you dont know what size it is till you actually paint or erase if it happens to the eraser.

Any ideas!

Rule one; Question Everything except rule two

Rule two; Never Question the Wisdom of Rule One
GJ
Geoff Jackson
Oct 14, 2004

No thats not what he means, I have the same problem eg your using the brush
tool, you can see it, see it resize, see the outline then you do a few other things and go back to the brush tool and its no visable, for some reason you can no longer see its out line, it still works just fine but you
can’t see its edges sao you dont know what size it is till you actually paint or erase if it happens to the eraser.

Any ideas!

Pressing the caps lock key will toggle the brush from "Precise" to "Brush Size" and back again, so if you can see the size of the brush the caps lock key will change it to a cross hair which is sometimes difficult to see. If this is not your problem then I have no other suggestions to offer.

Geoff Jackson, Nottingham, UK.

www.gjphoto.f9.co.uk
(Remove the obvious to reply)
K
Kingdom
Oct 14, 2004
"Geoff Jackson" wrote in
news:jvDbd.344$:

tool, you can see it, see it resize, see the outline then you do a few other things and go back to the brush tool and its no visable, for some reason you can no longer see its out line, it still works just fine but you
can’t see its edges sao you dont know what size it is till you actually paint or erase if it happens to the eraser.

Any ideas!

Pressing the caps lock key will toggle the brush from "Precise" to "Brush Size" and back again, so if you can see the size of the brush the caps lock key will change it to a cross hair which is sometimes difficult to see. If this is not your problem then I have no other suggestions to offer.

Yup thats it – Thanks

T
theOtherGuy
Oct 15, 2004
this seems to be the best sub second solution there is (and sub second is what we’re after here).

thanks.

"Kingdom" wrote in message
"Geoff Jackson" wrote in
news:jvDbd.344$:

Any ideas!

Yup thats it – Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections