LH
Posted By
Lawrence_Hudetz
Apr 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I experience a weird behavior in the CS Browser.

I was configuring an image to be printed on a Chromira, and I decided I should have a separate folder to be able to find it quickly. So, under the folder for the type of imagery I file there, I created another folder named "Chromira" and when I used save as, I filed it there. Now, later in checking the requirements of the service bureau, I found that the name of the file was too long, so in Explorer, I changed the name.

Today, I opened the image file in CS, and found the image supposedly tucked in the Chromira file in the main file. I supposed it had been double posted, so I opened the Chomira folder, and….it wasn’t there. But what was there was another image entirely!

It seems to me that if I had done that accidently, it would have taken two steps min: Move the desired image from Chromira to the main file, move the offending image from the main to Chromira. Not Guilty!

The only thing I did afterwards was to run the Defragmenter, and a tool called WinCleaner. Now, there are at least 100 images in the main file, so why that particular switch?

If it’s the cleaner, I probably have other surprises waiting.

I switched the files around, and for now, all is proper.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RK
Rob_Keijzer
Apr 3, 2004
Lawrence,

Maybe the fact of renaming it outside of PS (an action invisible to PS) gives this.

In my PS (7) browser sometimes showes file that I deleted in Explorer.

Rob
LH
Lawrence_Hudetz
Apr 3, 2004
I can understand that, but why the switcheroo?

I ran WinClaner again, and no problem, so it’s not that.

BTW, WinCleaner is weird too. I ran it again as I said. Before I ran it, I found already 34"invalid" Registry entries. So, I ran the cleaner, and wound up with 400 new invalid entries, just from running the cleaner! I ran it a third time, everything is now clean (It does back up the Registry, just in case), but now simply opening PS and closing it shows 3 new "invalid" Registry items.

I’m gonna leave it alone!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections