Re: Help! When I freehand select, nothing happens!

C
Posted By
Charlie
Dec 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Check the PSP Help / About screen. If the version number begins with the digit " 8 " then uninstall it and install PSP 7 !!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Baaaahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlie in Mississippi
(driftin’ blues player and gospel picker)

"Mike Williams" wrote in message
Wasn’t it Hypatia who wrote:
I closed PSP and re-opened. But still the same problem. What setting am I missing? I click on the image and try to do a freehand select around my sister’s face but nothing happens. I need to get the Xmas cards out very soon and these cards that I bought last year have a window where we can put pictures. Really neat use for PSP!
I did a hdd wipe/reinstall and this is first time I’m really using PSP since then so I probably have something off in the settings.
Pls advise and thank you!

I once had that problem. It took me a while to notice that the last script that I had run had performed a selection remove operation. The tools remember that last option even though it was performed silently inside a script, and the option applies to all three selection tools, so freehand and magic brush were affected even though the script had removed a rectangle. With the tool in "remove" mode, it doesn’t do anything until there’s an existing selection to remove bits from.
Check your tool options palette and make sure that the "Mode" is "Replace".

Mike Williams
Gentleman of Leisure

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections