P
Posted By
pat
Dec 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
can someone tell me if there is a way to make the Ink on the a photo with photo Ink to dry completely? the one I did a week ago are still tacky I used a clossy photo paper with compac inkjet printer.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

P
PDannyD
Dec 1, 2003
"pat" <pat @neverlate.time> wrote in message
can someone tell me if there is a way to make the Ink on the a photo
with
photo Ink to dry completely? the one I did a week ago are still tacky I used a clossy photo paper with compac inkjet printer.

Is the paper for an inkjet or a copier/laser printer? Did you select the correct paper type when printing?
P
pat
Dec 2, 2003
yes it is high closs paper compatible for all inkjet printers

PDannyD

wrote in message
can someone tell me if there is a way to make the Ink on the a photo
with
photo Ink to dry completely? the one I did a week ago are still tacky I used a clossy photo paper with compac inkjet printer.

Is the paper for an inkjet or a copier/laser printer? Did you select the correct paper type when printing?

P
pat
Dec 2, 2003
yes it is high closs paper ,compatible with all inkjet printers

pat <pat @neverlate.time> wrote in message
can someone tell me if there is a way to make the Ink on the a photo with photo Ink to dry completely? the one I did a week ago are still tacky I used a clossy photo paper with compac inkjet printer.

L
lkrz
Dec 2, 2003

It may say it’s compatible, but as your trial with the ink shows, the ink your printer uses doesn’t dry on it.
It takes a lot of testing and trial and error to find paper/ink compatibility, especially if you’re using something outside of the regular Epson/Canon range.

http://www.madmousergraphics.com
web design, print design, photography
F
Flycaster
Dec 2, 2003

Sounds to me like they’re wrong. Return it for a refund.

—–= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =—– http://www.newsfeeds.com – The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! —–== Over 100,000 Newsgroups – 19 Different Servers! =—–
S
spare-me-spam
Dec 2, 2003
pat wrote:

PDannyD

wrote in message

You DID print on the correct side, right?
S
Sheila
Dec 3, 2003
Compaq is actually Lexmark, try Kodak papers.
Also are you using the ink cartridges made especially for the printer or are you using refilled cartridges. Refilled cartridges can cause problems and the inks are not always the correct formula.

Sheila M Douglas

To keep a lamp burning we have to keep putting oil in it." –Mother Teresa
All outgoing e-mail scanned by Norton Anti-Virus2003

S
stan
Dec 4, 2003
pat <pat @neverlate.time> wrote:

Glossy paper has trouble absorbing ink, in my experience. Stick with good quality matte paper for better results.
S
Scroobie
Dec 16, 2003
On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 18:26:22 -0700, "pat" <pat @neverlate.time> wrote:

Glossy papers vary widely in the absorbancy of their top layer, and some will behave as if they are over-sized and ink will fail to absorb. For example, problems like this occur when attempting to use HP paper with Epson printers. You might consider trying a sample qty of Epson gloss paper to see if that improves things. Another gloss paper that appears to take ink well is the inexpensive "Royal" brand paper available from Sam’s. The various matte papers should also work OK.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections