Posted By
Don
Oct 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Guys

I have photoshop 6.0.1 and am considering upgrading to PhotoshopCS. Currently the speed of 6 is not to bad (however, I note Elements 2 is slower). My computer has plenty of hard disc space but only 392 meg of ram. Is photoshop CS more resource hungry and is a Pentium 4 1.4ghz with the aforementioned ram up to spec.

regards

Don From Down Under

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

SI
stupid_idiot
Oct 9, 2004
the processor could handle it…but, I have found a minimum of 1 gig of Rhambus RAM is required to do anything.

"Don" wrote in message
Guys

I have photoshop 6.0.1 and am considering upgrading to PhotoshopCS. Currently the speed of 6 is not to bad (however, I note Elements 2 is slower). My computer has plenty of hard disc space but only 392 meg of ram. Is photoshop CS more resource hungry and is a Pentium 4 1.4ghz with the aforementioned ram up to spec.

regards

Don From Down Under
MR
Mike Russell
Oct 9, 2004
"Don" wrote in message
Guys

I have photoshop 6.0.1 and am considering upgrading to PhotoshopCS. Currently the speed of 6 is not to bad (however, I note Elements 2 is slower). My computer has plenty of hard disc space but only 392 meg of ram. Is photoshop CS more resource hungry and is a Pentium 4
1.4ghz with the aforementioned ram up to spec.

regards

Don From Down Under

Don,

CS is more resource hungry. I would add more RAM, since it’s so cheap, but you’ll be able to be productive with what you have already. —

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections