TD
Posted By
Thee_DarkOverLord
Apr 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Choose Window > Channels to display the Channels palette. To fill a selected area with a spot color, make or load a selection. Do one of the following to create a channel:
Ctrl-click (Windows) or Command-click (Mac OS) the New Channel button in the Channels palette. Choose New Spot Channel from the Channels palette menu.
If you made a selection, that area is filled with the currently specified spot color.

Click the color box, and choose a color.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
benluke
Apr 2, 2004
What file format do i need to save a two colour pantone graphic for exporting into indesign?

Thanks

Ben
B
benluke
Apr 2, 2004
Hello, Ive always done inhouse printing CMYK now i am producing a 2 colour document to go to press. I need to set two pantone colours how do i do this?

Please help. It will be very much appreciated

Thanks
Ben
B
benluke
Apr 2, 2004
thanks for the info thee_darkoverlord. Very much appreciated.

What file type do i save it as when finished. It will be going in adobe indesign?

Thanks again

Ben
X
xDsrtRat
Apr 2, 2004
wrote in message
What file format do i need to save a two colour pantone graphic for
exporting into indesign?
Thanks

Ben

There should be no problem as long as you save in any compatible format. I prefer creating a PDF and placing the PDF in InDesign. PDFs scale nicely and the PDF will handle color management as well. If your graphic, a logo presumably, was created with Illustrator, InDesign takes those very nicely as well as a native AI format. Alternate formats that scale nicely are TIF or (shudder!) WMF. JPG, BMP and other related formats tend to get jaggies if enlarged too much.
X
xDsrtRat
Apr 2, 2004
wrote in message
What file format do i need to save a two colour pantone graphic for
exporting into indesign?
Thanks

Ben

Ooops! I hadn’t finished my morning coffee yet. I forgot which NG I was in and thought this was an InDesign question. Except for the part where I mention AI files, the rest should work nicely for you. Add PSD to the list of compatible formats I mentioned that scale nicely and you should be OK.
B
benluke
Apr 2, 2004
Hi normally only use cmyk graphics need to create a 2 pantone colour image. What do i open the blank file as and what do i save it as when i have finished. (to put into indesign)

Thanks for any info

Ben
RL
Robert_Levine
Apr 2, 2004
What version of InDesign? If it’s CS then just save as PSD. If an earlier version then EPS.

Bob
RL
Robert_Levine
Apr 2, 2004
Ben,

I’ve moved your various topics into one thread for everyone’s benefit and renamed it. Please stick to one thread for one topic. It makes it much easier for everyone to follow.

Thanks,

Bob
TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Apr 2, 2004
my goof
TD
Thee_DarkOverLord
Apr 2, 2004
you confused me to hell there Bob 😉
RL
Robert_Levine
Apr 2, 2004
There were three separate threads the same thing. I can see where you’d get confused but anyone just popping in here will be able to follow this a bit better.

Bob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections