John Boy
Feb 2, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
CS2 – with all current updates

Two problems.

1) Droplets do not execute. Not even the simplest ones.

2) Automation – Batch using an input folder and destination folder and "include subfolderes" does not honor the destination folder. Instead it goes through all folders, but writes back to the FIRST subfolder of the input, over-writing filenames that already exist.

Thus, a folder with nine subfolders, with each file in each folder ImageN where n is 1 to n all I end up with the the very last folder… all previous files overwritten by names from the last.

(Oh, source and destination folders have different names and are on different physical drives.)

This truly, truly sucks. Yeah, I am renaming all the files as a workaround.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

BS
Bill Steele
Feb 2, 2007
In article ,
"John Boy" wrote:

CS2 – with all current updates

Two problems.

1) Droplets do not execute. Not even the simplest ones.

2) Automation – Batch using an input folder and destination folder and "include subfolderes" does not honor the destination folder. Instead it goes through all folders, but writes back to the FIRST subfolder of the input, over-writing filenames that already exist.

Thus, a folder with nine subfolders, with each file in each folder ImageN where n is 1 to n all I end up with the the very last folder… all previous files overwritten by names from the last.

(Oh, source and destination folders have different names and are on different physical drives.)

This truly, truly sucks. Yeah, I am renaming all the files as a workaround.

My experience is that the destination folder is ignored altogether, subfolders or not. It simply uses the folder specified in the original action called by the batch process.
JB
John Boy
Feb 6, 2007
"Bill Steele" wrote in message

My experience is that the destination folder is ignored altogether, subfolders or not. It simply uses the folder specified in the original action called by the batch process.

You are right, of course. I got into the action to find that.

Fortunately File – Scripts – Image Processing is smarter.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections