V
Posted By
vice86
Apr 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
see the site is still up…guess Adobe doesn’t care.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
Apr 2, 2004
They’ll get em. Maybe they have to order something and wait to recieve it. Who knows how these things actually work… <donning foil hat>Maybe it’s really and Adobe sting site!!!</remove foil hat>
MM
Mac_McDougald
Apr 2, 2004
There are pirate sites still running that I reported to Adobe (and MS) over a year ago. I quit even sending the emails.

Mac
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 2, 2004
<TF hat>Sting’s I sez, I sez! Do ya hear me? Stings!</TF hat> 🙂
MM
Mac_McDougald
Apr 2, 2004
Better add the lead sheeting underneath, Dave. The tinfoil’s not enough, I fear 🙂

M
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 2, 2004
tut tut my good man. aluminum foil!
CC
Chris_Cox
Apr 2, 2004
It takes a lot of time to prosecute sites in other countries, and in a few countries there is no effective law enforcement…..

Mac – keep sending the email, they eventually get to all of them.
KL
Katherine_Lawson
Apr 3, 2004
What is the address to send the emails to, is it a special abuse one?

And can you just forward them? I’m getting those "discount software" spams at the rate of at least 5 per day.

Or is it better to actually open the email and click on the link and forward the URL to Adobe???

I just delete them as they come in and have never actually opened one.

Now that I think of it, I expect that they have a link to a site inside, maybe they just want you to email them back or call a telephone number something.

Kathi
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 3, 2004

they say just forward the email, headers included.
KL
Katherine_Lawson
Apr 3, 2004
Thanks Dave, I’ll stick that in my address book so it will be easy.
KL
Katherine_Lawson
Apr 3, 2004
Hmmm, not a moment too soon, I just got another one! I actually opened it and clicked on the link. Interesting site there. You can get almost anything you want, and they say that the way they sell so cheaply is that they strip off all the glitz!!!!!

It’s a pretty fancy site.

Anyway, Adobe has it now. 🙂
CC
Chris_Cox
Apr 3, 2004
Yeah, I get at least 2 pieces of spam a day advertising Adobe products at cut rate prices….
KL
Katherine_Lawson
Apr 3, 2004
Hi Chris,

did you ever email them and ask them what kind of a discount they would give one of the guys who wrote (engineered, I don’t know the correct terminology), Photoshop???? 🙂

I think if I was them, I would get a little nervous hearing from you!
P
Phosphor
Apr 3, 2004
Chris…I’d like to hear an audio sample of what must be either you chuckling or grunting or sighing at the arrival of those spam-olas in your inbox (or if you’re wise…auto-shunted to a junk mail folder).
KL
Katherine_Lawson
Apr 4, 2004
Hi Phosphor,

I usually don’t even open those, and I have html turned off in my inbox, but since I’ve been opening them to forward to Adobe, I turned html on because they don’t seem to keep the link to the website when you forward them. It seems to turn into a bunch of gibberish words instead.

I’ve been clicking on the links to the sites and pasting those links into the emails I forward to Adobe.

Anyway, since they now see that I am opening the mail and actually clicking on the links, I’m getting buried in them!!!!!

I wonder how many of those things Adobe wants forwarded????? I feel like I am spamming them with these things there are so many.

Those guys are really making me mad. I hope Adobe can get them thrown in jail for years and years and years!!!!! (And I hope Adobe shares all that info I’m sending with Bill Gates and all the others on those pirate lists, because there are too many companies to forward all that stuff to).

I had no idea that there was so much of this stuff around, because I usually just delete everything I don’t recognize without opening it.

Kathi
S
Scottsjack
Apr 4, 2004
I just can’t help commenting on this. From the number of posts to this thread it occurs to me that there are a some folks out there just waiting to get angry thinking about this subject. Of course you don’t want to see the next guy getting something for free that you had to pay money for. But it happens. It’s called "life".

The speed at which some forum members chime in on piracy leads me to believe that some of them 1) think of themselves as self-empowered Piracy Police, 2) are the kind of people who call in to right-wing, let’s-all-get-angry-together talk radio, 3) are more concerned about people stealing the program than themselves actually using the program, or 4) are such Adobe groupies that they have all of the retirement in Adobe stock.

Do I want Adobe to receive as much money as they are entitled to? Of course. I have purchased seven Adobe products including ACR1 which was really a short term contribution to the cause because for newer cameras it became useless with the introduction of CS.

Personally I want Adobe to prosper. Their Photoshop efforts are excellent and they should be rewarded. It’s also obvious that some extra revenue is needed to keep refining ACR2 (I’m a Canon EOS 10D owner) and to continue improving Photoshop’s speed and memory usage. Those are both ongoing, complicated subjects.

I can’t shake the feeling that some forum members are just waiting for the next piracy/scam Photoshop email to land on their computers so they can get real, madder-than-hell-and-not-going-to-take-it-anymore angry. To me it just doesn’t feel as good to be angry as to be happy.

Lighten up, it’s just a product, like Honda, Canon or Windex. Let Adobe fight its battles and continue producing extraordinary products. Turn on some classical music. Open CS and make a pretty picture. Enjoy
O
Ol__Whozit
Apr 4, 2004
OOOh, and let’s all join hands, and dance in a circle to bring about world peace…PUHLEEZ!

By forwarding spam offering illegal pirated Adobe products to , you can make some difference in the every-growing blight of spammers and pirated software.

And some of us ENJOY getting worked up over stuff. It releases pent up aggravation at the naive "happy happy joy joy" types who think Life should be all "pretty pictures…" so we don’t totally lose it when confronted by another "I’m so happy, but spend MY time telling others how they’re evidently "wrong" for being against "entrepreneurs" making money selling STOLEN goods…"

Uh-huh…sounds like "happy Scottsjack" is just the type of individual to possess such ILLEGAL products, don’t it??? Oh, gee. I guess I’m one of those "talk-show" types who NEVER use the program, I just get irate at thieving scum-suckers who steal it and justify the actions with "…that’s life." Sure, bud. Whatever.

I MUCH prefer Heavy Metal Skaa Rap by Aborigine Dwarfs over Classical…

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections