F
Posted By
finecur
Jan 29, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, I am working with Photoshop "Add Noise" filter. I found it is not what I want. The noise is related to the amount not only by intensity but by spread. Anyone know exactly how the "add noise" filter is implemented?

Thanks,

f

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Roberto
Jan 29, 2007
Four words come to mind. Not Worth A Shit!

Get a third party plug-in for real noise reduction. NeatImage, NoiseNinja, etc.

ljc

Do not assume that because I didn’t reply to your comments that you are correct or that I am wrong or that I am correct and your are wrong. You can assume that you bore me!

"finecur" wrote in message
Hi, I am working with Photoshop "Add Noise" filter. I found it is not what I want. The noise is related to the amount not only by intensity but by spread. Anyone know exactly how the "add noise" filter is implemented?

Thanks,

f
N
nomail
Jan 29, 2007
Little Juice Coupe wrote:

Somehow I get the feeling that "Add Noise" is not exactly the same as noise REDUCTION…

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.com
R
Roberto
Jan 29, 2007
True, but they both suck. Neither one of them does as good a job or offers the same flexibility that a third party option would. For adding noise I like the noise filter that comes in the Alien Skin package, it allows you the option of being able to match noise because it offers several types of noise, not just the three lame ones in Photoshop.

ljc

Do not assume that because I didn’t reply to your comments that you are correct or that I am wrong or that I am correct and your are wrong. You can assume that you bore me!

"Johan W. Elzenga" wrote in message
Little Juice Coupe wrote:

Get a third party plug-in for real noise reduction. NeatImage, NoiseNinja,
etc.

Somehow I get the feeling that "Add Noise" is not exactly the same as noise REDUCTION…

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.com
I
itsme54NOSPAM
Jan 29, 2007
finecur schreef:

Thanks,

f

Try Noise Ware.
Standalone or as plug-in for PS available.

-=Rob
J
JJ
Jan 30, 2007
Just WTF do you expect noise to be?

Make it clear.
R
Roberto
Jan 30, 2007
There are hundreds of different kinds of noise from small fine single colored noise to large blotchy multicolored. And, everything in between.

ljc

OC
Oliver Costich
Jan 30, 2007
On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 00:14:09 -0800, "Little Juice Coupe" wrote:

ljc

In the "etc." part, check out Picture Cooler which runs with the big boys for $15.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections