R
Posted By
Ryadia_
Oct 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
The beginning of this saga was in July when I purchased a r310 (r300 in the US)Epson Printer. No mater what I did, I would always end up with a magenta colour cast. I fixed it by altering the colours at the printer driver screen but this was not reliable.

Anyway, I bought a bulk ink kit for it and after installation, promptly broke the printer! Yesterday I got the printer back from Epson after 5 weeks waiting for parts. Must be something to do with the camel train getting de-railed or something.

Anyway by this time I have a new PC in place of the one which drove it originally so I installed the same software as came with the original printer. Then I realised they have actually given me a new printer, not repaired to old one.

The first print(and all the rest after it) are on-colour and matching the other printers in on this PC. What did I do differently? Nothing. I suspect the first printer was faulty right from the start. The ink kit just accelerated it’s demise.

Anyone with a correctly installed Epson printer who has a magenta colour cast and it’s *NOT* double colour correction, ought to get it back to Epson for a replacement.

Ryadia

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections