DM
Posted By
Don_McCahill
Mar 31, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is it possible that you are erasing to white, but a layer behind where you are erasing is also white?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

SN
Sandra_Niemann
Apr 1, 2004
Emma, I recently had that problem with a birmap image. I saved the image as a tif and was suddenly able to erase. Don’t know why, but it worked.
AB
Arron_Boss
Apr 1, 2004
This might sound obvious or silly, but, is it possible that someplace around your image you have just a few pixels selected – acidentally? You can erase till the cows come home, but nothing will happen if you have a pixel in some corner active.

Just a thought.
Arron
EB
Emma_Beane
Apr 5, 2004
Ok admit I’m lost, surely it would all look white?? (am trying to erase black lines). My background layer is white, but had this problem on that layer too (although that is automatically locked), which is why I tried pasting it to a fresh layer……..sigh…..
Thanks
Emma
EB
Emma_Beane
Apr 5, 2004
Thanks, obvious is often good. i had that thought myself and pressed deselect all just in case. I also tried purging undo, history etc etc, no effect.
Emma
DM
Don_McCahill
Apr 5, 2004
You can unlock a background layer by double clicking on it and renaming it. As long as it is called background (in italics) it is a special layer. It can then be deleted, or you can erase to transparent.

If the BG is white, and you delete from a higher layer, it will indeed appear white where you erased.
EB
Emma_Beane
Apr 5, 2004
Ah ha, so effectively it is the same. My trouble was those black lines just not dissappearing. Sometimes i hate computers……..grin
Emma
MP
Mike_Parham
Apr 7, 2004
This seems a little silly, but every once and awhile I run into the same thing and it usually something simple like I have the wrong layer selected and it is erasing on that one instead of the one I wanted, or something is selected somewhere.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections