Wim
Sep 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

What do i wrong?

I have a picture in photoshop and when i click on gamutwarning i get gamut warning on specific blues, but when i print it with a printer profile for my canoni9950 (with ilford paper) i get a good picture (of course because the printer substitute the blue colors)

When i convert my picture /image/mode/convert to profile with the same pinterprofile as above then i musn’t get gamutwarning or make i a mistike? (i get gamutwarning but i didn’t escept them)

thanks in advance

Wim

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MR
Mike Russell
Sep 30, 2004
Wim wrote:
Hi,

What do i wrong?

I have a picture in photoshop and when i click on gamutwarning i get gamut warning on specific blues, but when i print it with a printer profile for my canoni9950 (with ilford paper) i get a good picture (of course because the printer substitute the blue colors)

This is correct.

When i convert my picture /image/mode/convert to profile with the same pinterprofile as above then i musn’t get gamutwarning or make i a mistike? (i get gamutwarning but i didn’t escept them)

By default, the gamut warning is based on your working CMYK space. Did you specify your printer profile in View>Proof Setup>Custom? If not, that’s the problem.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net
W
Wim
Oct 1, 2004
On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 20:45:20 GMT, "Mike Russell" wrote:

Wim wrote:
Hi,

What do i wrong?

This is correct.

By default, the gamut warning is based on your working CMYK space. Did you specify your printer profile in View>Proof Setup>Custom? If not, that’s the problem.

Indeed, when i use proff setup with my custom printer prifile, the picture has no gammutwarning…..

Thanks,

Another question…… the printer profile is also an cmyk profile, isn’t it? Why can’t i set this as a working space in
preference……… Colormanagement says that the profiel isn’t a cmyk profile……

Thanks in advance…
Wim
MR
Mike Russell
Oct 1, 2004
Wim wrote:

Wim wrote:
Hi,

What do i wrong?

This is correct.

Indeed, when i use proff setup with my custom printer prifile, the picture has no gammutwarning…..

Thanks,

Another question…… the printer profile is also an cmyk profile, isn’t it? Why can’t i set this as a working space in

If your printer profile appears in Color Setup’s list of RGB working spaces, it is an RGB profile, and Photoshop is printing your files by converting the CMYK to RGB. This is not a problem in my opinion.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
www.geigy.2y.net
W
Wim
Oct 1, 2004
On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 10:00:36 GMT, "Mike Russell" wrote:

Wim wrote:

Wim wrote:
Hi,

What do i wrong?

This is correct.

Thanks,

If your printer profile appears in Color Setup’s list of RGB working spaces, it is an RGB profile, and Photoshop is printing your files by converting the CMYK to RGB. This is not a problem in my opinion.

Oh, you mean that i must put my canon printerprofile in de rgb workspace??? I have a calibrated monitor profile loading in collorsettings/ RGB workspaces……
N
nomail
Oct 1, 2004
Wim wrote:

Almost all desktop printers use RGB profiles, not CMYK profiles. One reason is that the newer photoprinters do not use a CMYK ink set, but a set of six or even eight colors. The printer driver does the conversion from RGB to CMYK, so you should *not* convert your images to CMYK. Keep them in RGB and print them using the printer profile in the print setup.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections