A
Posted By
andym
Sep 26, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Although my monitor shows crisp mono photos , I am getting a magenta-like shade to my printed photos.

I am currently printing on a cheap Canon i250 (it used to occur also on my Canon s820). However, even if I get a lab to print them, I still have the same problem.

Is the problem:
a) my Colour Settings or
b) the way I turn my colour shots to mono?

which I do by Channel Mixer usually set around the 60% red, 40% blue mark (give or take), and the monotone box checked.

There was a day when I had no problems, but my PC has changed, my version of PS has changed, and my printers have changed. I don’t know which of those variables have caused the the cast to move in!!!

any help would be appreciated…..

andym….

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

H
Hecate
Sep 26, 2004
On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 23:30:18 +1000, "andym"
wrote:

Although my monitor shows crisp mono photos , I am getting a magenta-like shade to my printed photos.
That is almost always caused by a colour management problem. You don’t say what colour management you use, if any at all, so it’s impossible to give any advice.

Hecate – The Real One

veni, vidi, reliqui
PT
Prepress Tuna
Sep 30, 2004
"andym" wrote in
news:4156c401$:

I am currently printing on a cheap Canon i250 (it used to occur also on my Canon s820). However, even if I get a lab to print them, I still have the same problem.

Is the problem:
a) my Colour Settings or
b) the way I turn my colour shots to mono?

which I do by Channel Mixer usually set around the 60% red, 40% blue
mark (give or take), and the monotone box checked.

There was a day when I had no problems, but my PC has changed, my version of PS has changed, and my printers have changed. I don’t know which of those variables have caused the the cast to move in!!!
any help would be appreciated…..

andym….

The quickest way to solve your problem is to calibrate your monitor to your printed output. That is, adjust your monitor to mimic the print, using the controls on the front of your monitor. When you’ve done that, you can semi-trust what you see on your screen. But you can never rely on it entirely. Get to know color a bit and you’ll be able to color correct images on a grayscale monitor if you have to!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections