Sunshine
Sep 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

[Follow-up to news:alt.graphics.photoshop]

Dear,

I am trying to create a few transparent GIFs using Adobe Photoshop 4.0. Making a transparent GIF is no problem. However, I only managed once in entering a background color and consequently in avoiding an annoying border around the text on the transparent GIF. I don’t manage in doing that again.

Using the following steps, I obtain a transparent GIF, but without the coloured border arount the text. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? *File > New > Mode: RGB Color, Contents: Transparent. *On the new image, I just put the text like on any other image. *File > Export > GIF 89a Export > At the item "Transparency From Mask" I enter the
RGB-value of the background color of the site where the image is to be put, when I do so I see this color in the pattern. I leave the option "Palette" on "Exact" and
I leave "Interlaced" checked on. Then OK and Save.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Sunshine

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
bogus
Sep 24, 2004
The problem is type is antialiased (degrees of transparency) but in a giff file transparency is either on or off for any pixel. Try this:

Put the type on the same color background that you intend to use on the web page then make the transparent gif.

dp

Sunshine wrote:

Dear,

I am trying to create a few transparent GIFs using Adobe Photoshop 4.0. Making a transparent GIF is no problem. However, I only managed once in entering a background color and consequently in avoiding an annoying border around the text on the transparent GIF. I don’t manage in doing that again.
Using the following steps, I obtain a transparent GIF, but without the coloured border arount the text. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? *File > New > Mode: RGB Color, Contents: Transparent. *On the new image, I just put the text like on any other image. *File > Export > GIF 89a Export > At the item "Transparency From Mask" I enter the
RGB-value of the background color of the site where the image is to be put, when I do so I see this color in the pattern. I leave the option "Palette" on "Exact" and

Sunshine

T
tacitr
Sep 24, 2004
Using the following steps, I obtain a transparent GIF, but without the
coloured
border arount the text. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? *File > New > Mode: RGB Color, Contents: Transparent. *On the new image, I just put the text like on any other image. *File > Export > GIF 89a Export > At the item "Transparency From Mask" I enter
the
RGB-value of the background color of the site where the image is to be put…

That’s the wrong place. The color of the Web page should be entered as the "matte color."

Art, literature, shareware, polyamory, kink, and more:
http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
B
bogus
Sep 24, 2004
That’s because type is antialiased (it has different opacities on edges), and gifs can make one color transparent. You can try this.

Put your background color behind the text.

Make your gif with transparency.

The gif will look ok on any background that is close in color to the one you used to make the gif.

dp

Sunshine wrote:

Dear,

Sunshine

M
Mike
Sep 25, 2004
in article 8QX4d.1995$, Sunshine at
wrote on 09/24/2004 9:21 AM:

However, I only managed once in entering a
background color and consequently in avoiding an annoying border around the text on
the transparent GIF.

http://www.artistmike.com/article4/Transparent.02a.html

Mike

* Logo Design *
Put some fun in your next logo!

Site at: http://www.artistmike.com

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections