R
Posted By
ronviers
Dec 29, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have used objects and filters to create three variations of monochrome layers that I would like to use as the color channels for an RGB image. I have not been able to get the layers in to the channels. How can I replace the channels of an image with the new layers? I have tried renaming and deleting the channels but that did not work.

Thanks,
Ron

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

N
nomail
Dec 29, 2006
wrote:

I have used objects and filters to create three variations of monochrome layers that I would like to use as the color channels for an RGB image. I have not been able to get the layers in to the channels. How can I replace the channels of an image with the new layers? I have tried renaming and deleting the channels but that did not work.

Just copy and paste should work. Copy a layer of the original image, select a channel of the new image, and paste.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.com
R
ronviers
Dec 29, 2006
Johan W. Elzenga wrote:
wrote:

Just copy and paste should work. Copy a layer of the original image, select a channel of the new image, and paste.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.com

Hi Johan,
That method worked. I was trying to work within a single image, which obviously changes the mode, making it impossible.

Thanks,
Ron

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections