J
Posted By
Jethro
Dec 28, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Still working with my friend’s CS2 on his PC – WXP PRO SP2. I have now discovered I can add ‘keys’ to files (pics) (in the bridge). I can create ‘keys’ & ‘key sets’, but I don’t see how to select from those ‘keys’ and assign them to iindividual files, and then to search on those ‘keys’. I have looked in CS2 Help, but don’t see how to do it there. Maybe I missed it?

Thanks

Jethro

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
ronviers
Dec 28, 2006
Jethro wrote:
Still working with my friend’s CS2 on his PC – WXP PRO SP2. I have now discovered I can add ‘keys’ to files (pics) (in the bridge). I can create ‘keys’ & ‘key sets’, but I don’t see how to select from those ‘keys’ and assign them to iindividual files, and then to search on those ‘keys’. I have looked in CS2 Help, but don’t see how to do it there. Maybe I missed it?

Thanks

Jethro

Hi,
You can go to ‘Edit’ then ‘Find’ then selects keywords for ‘criteria’.

HTH,
Ron
J
Jethro
Dec 28, 2006
On 28 Dec 2006 06:54:23 -0800, ""
wrote:

Jethro wrote:

Thanks

Jethro

Hi,
You can go to ‘Edit’ then ‘Find’ then selects keywords for ‘criteria’.
HTH,
Ron

That looks like it will work, Ron. But isn’t that completely independent of keywords in the ‘keyword panel’ – one of the panels on the left of the pic displays in the Bridge Window? I went to the trouble of entering keywords in the Keyword Panel – now I thought to use them. I wonder how?

Thanks

jethro
J
Jethro
Dec 28, 2006
Back on my friend’s CS2 on his PC again – WXP PRO SP2.

I am now looking at CS2’s ‘history’ window. From what I read in the Help, the things I do are tracked in that window. I created a new little window to play with, and drew four separate small ‘brush’ strokes. I see that each time I did a stroke, a line was entered in the history window. Then I thought I should be able to step back and forth through my strokes by either clicking on a line in the history window or by selecting edit>step backward (or) step forward. I thought to do this would enable me to go back and re-do a stroke at the point of my choice,

If I click on one of the lines in the history window, it highlights it, and I expected to see JUST the strokes I had drawn UP TO THAT POINT. But alas, I still see ALL FOUR strokes. The same thing happens when I use ‘step backward’ & ‘step forward’.

So clearly, I don’t understand the purpose of the ‘history’.

Can someone steer me here?

Thanks

Jethro
J
Jethro
Dec 28, 2006
Back on my friend’s CS2 on his PC again – WXP PRO SP2.

I am now looking at CS2’s ‘history’ window. From what I read in the Help, the things I do are tracked in that window. I created a new little window to play with, and drew four separate small ‘brush’ strokes. I see that each time I did a stroke, a line was entered in the history window. Then I thought I should be able to step back and forth through my strokes by either clicking on a line in the history window or by selecting edit>step backward (or) step forward. I thought to do this would enable me to go back and re-do a stroke at the point of my choice,

If I click on one of the lines in the history window, it highlights it, and I expected to see JUST the strokes I had drawn UP TO THAT POINT. But alas, I still see ALL FOUR strokes. The same thing happens when I use ‘step backward’ & ‘step forward’.

So clearly, I don’t understand the purpose of the ‘history’.

Can someone steer me here?

Thanks

Jethro

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections