N
Posted By
no
Sep 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I open a new PSD file to work on in PS CS, it always opens at 66.7% of the regular size. I always end up having to magnify it to 100%.

Is there any way to set the default so that all files when loaded, automatically load at 100% rather then 66.7%.

thx

Anna

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

N
nomail
Sep 19, 2004
Anna wrote:

When I open a new PSD file to work on in PS CS, it always opens at 66.7% of the regular size. I always end up having to magnify it to 100%.
Is there any way to set the default so that all files when loaded, automatically load at 100% rather then 66.7%.

New documents do not always open at 66.7%, they open at the magnification that gives you the largest size and still show everything. Depending on the document size, that can indeed be 66.7%, but a smaller document will open at 100% and a huge document may open as small as 10% or less. I don’t think there is anything you can do about it.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
N
no
Sep 19, 2004
My desktop dimensions are 1024×768 and I usually work on files that are 800×600. I would have thought that those should open at 100%, but they never do.
When I increase the size to 100%, the entire document does show on the screen.

I’ve also worked with very small logos that take nowhere near the full size of the screen, but these also open at 66.7%.
"Johan W. Elzenga" wrote in message
Anna wrote:

When I open a new PSD file to work on in PS CS, it always opens at 66.7% of
the regular size. I always end up having to magnify it to 100%.

New documents do not always open at 66.7%, they open at the magnification that gives you the largest size and still show everything. Depending on the document size, that can indeed be 66.7%, but a smaller document will open at 100% and a huge document may open as small as 10% or less. I don’t think there is anything you can do about it.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
N
nomail
Sep 19, 2004
Anna wrote:

My desktop dimensions are 1024×768 and I usually work on files that are 800×600. I would have thought that those should open at 100%, but they never do.

Really? If you have the toolbar and some palettes open, a 800 x 600 will not fit onto a 1024 wide screen. I work with two monitors, so all my palettes are on the second monitor. My main monitor is 1024 x 768 pixels, just like yours. If I open a 800 x 600 pixels document, it does open at 100%, but from what is left on the right side of the main screen, it’s clear it would not fit if any palettes were there as well.

IP
i.perryman
Sep 19, 2004
Johan is correct.
PS will open a file at the maximum size possible. There do appear however to be invisible boundaries around images that means PS doesn’t quite fill the whole screen.

With Toolbar and all palettes the Options bar and Status bar closed (i.e. maximum space for pic) the maximum size that I can open at 100% is 997 X 638. on a 1024 X 768 screen.

With Toolbar and all palettes closed but Options and Status open at the top and bottom the maximum is 997 X 602

With all palettes closed but Toolbar, Options and Status bars open the max is 919 X 602

With a palette open but Toolbar, options and Staus bars open the max is 775 X 602

With palettes, tool, status and option bars open the max is 702 X 602

www.micromountain.com
"Anna" wrote in message

I’ve also worked with very small logos that take nowhere near the full size of the screen, but these also open at 66.7%.
Anna wrote:

IP
i.perryman
Sep 19, 2004
Johan is correct.
PS will open a file at the maximum size possible. There do appear however to be invisible boundaries around images that means PS doesn’t quite fill the whole screen.

With Toolbar and all palettes the Options bar and Status bar closed (i.e. maximum space for pic) the maximum size that I can open at 100% is 997 X 638. on a 1024 X 768 screen.

With Toolbar and all palettes closed but Options and Status open at the top and bottom the maximum is 997 X 602

With all palettes closed but Toolbar, Options and Status bars open the max is 919 X 602

With the Toolbar closed but a palette(s) , Options and Staus bars open the max is 775

With palettes, tool, status and option bars open the max is 702 X 602

www.micromountain.com
"Anna" wrote in message

Anna wrote:

B
bogus
Sep 20, 2004
It is good to learn some of the key commands to change the window size in PS.

mac PC
Cmd-0 ctrl-0 Fit to screen
Cmd-Opt-0 Ctrl-Opt-0 zoom to 100 percent
Cmd-plus ctrl-Alt-plus zoom in and change window size
Cmd-Opt-minus ctrl-minuw zoom out without changing window size page up or page down scroll up or down
shift-page up or page down scroll up or down slightly
cmd-page up or page down (ctrl pc) scroll right or left

You can also use the navigation window for quick results.

dp

Anna wrote:

Anna wrote:

N
nomail
Sep 20, 2004
bogus wrote:

It is good to learn some of the key commands to change the window size in PS.
mac PC
Cmd-0 ctrl-0 Fit to screen
Cmd-Opt-0 Ctrl-Opt-0 zoom to 100 percent
Cmd-plus ctrl-Alt-plus zoom in and change window size Cmd-Opt-minus ctrl-minuw zoom out without changing window size page up or page down scroll up or down
shift-page up or page down scroll up or down slightly cmd-page up or page down (ctrl pc) scroll right or left

You can also use the navigation window for quick results.

Or, if you prefer the mouse:

Double click on the hand tool will fit to screen
Double click on the magnifier will zoom to 100%

O
OinkyBoinky
Sep 26, 2004
so it always opens to show as much as possible, without needing to make the person scrool? can be usefull, can be annoying depending on the situtation… lol kidna like wot that crappy internet experoer did from version 6…

Thank You Very Much For Your Time Kind Regards Vic Casambros www.oinkyboinky.co.uk Depression isn’t the answer… Human spirit shall prevail…
Anna wrote:

When I open a new PSD file to work on in PS CS, it always opens at 66.7%
of

-=Anti-Virus Scan Complete=-
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.769 / Virus Database: 516 – Release Date: 24/09/2004

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections