P
Posted By
pshaw
Dec 3, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
i want to create a gradient that is dark on the sides fading to a lighter center; how do i do this?

tia …

steve

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

R
ronviers
Dec 3, 2006
wrote:
i want to create a gradient that is dark on the sides fading to a lighter center; how do i do this?

tia …

steve

Hi Steve,
A couple of ways come to mind.

Creat a new layer – fill with color – select gradiant tool – select radial gradient – drag cursor to apply – then play with blend mode and opacity.

Add a ‘Style’ (double click outside layer’s name) to the existing layer (or even a new one) then select – gradient overlay then select radial gradient – then play with settings.

Hth,
Ron
K
KatWoman
Dec 3, 2006
click on the gradient itself up in the top of the window after you choose the tool
and use the sliders and dropdowns to chose opacities colors frequency etc

wrote in message

tia …

steve
P
pshaw
Dec 4, 2006
i’m not sure how to set the sliders on the bottom so both sides are dark and the center is lighter …

steve

On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 17:00:54 -0500, "KatWoman"
wrote:

click on the gradient itself up in the top of the window after you choose the tool
and use the sliders and dropdowns to chose opacities colors frequency etc

wrote in message

tia …

steve

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections