JP
Posted By
Jefferis Peterson
Sep 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi Folks, I’m updating a jewelery web site for my client and the proprietor is a stickler for accuracy, and since on the web you cannot control display or resolution size, he likes all items scaled relatively so that they reflect the same proportions to one another as they do in life.
This site was originally done before the photographer used digital cameras and now since going digital,the problem for the print production side of the business is that digitial images have no ‘real’ size.
In photoshop, the guy who provides me with the images creates an accurate print size for each item, and I receive the images at 300 dpi, but the pixel dimensions may vary widely between 1000 and 2500 px wide [ depending on the original item’s supposed size, e.g.].
I have used
batch processing in the past to scale images to 35% for thumbnail views and 50% for enlarged views, but I’m running into irregularities. Now, a work flow might be to change image size by scaling in the dialog box for each item, then after it is scaled, reduce the ppi but keep the px dimensions the same. Somehow, things are not uniform.
My question is:
what is the best way to get an accurate scaling down of print accurate phsop created images for the web?
Also, for the web, 96 dpi is
standard for Win and 72 dpi for Macs, how much of a difference in display size will such a dpi difference make when scaling? Jeff

Jefferis Kent Peterson www.PetersonSales.net Flash, Web Design and Marketing

—–= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =—– http://www.newsfeeds.com – The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! —–== Over 100,000 Newsgroups – 19 Different Servers! =—–

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections